Reading Mall Site

jay83

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Ahh, then Kurtz was on your team for most of it. During the briefings I often set my mp40 on one of the two wooden shelves at the front, so kinda near Luke (or whoever was giving the briefing), so I was always towards the front. Didn't see you though. Did you see the guy with the Halo assault rifle? Quite cool. Also, someone had a FLIR IPhone case that turned it into a thermal sight on his gun, might need to get one of those...

Hehe nah that gun was my crime against realsteel nature, someone else had an actual halo gun :) Can buy them from Landwarrior for about 800 atmo

Ahh, then Kurtz was on your team for most of it. During the briefings I often set my mp40 on one of the two wooden shelves at the front, so kinda near Luke (or whoever was giving the briefing), so I was always towards the front. Didn't see you though. Did you see the guy with the Halo assault rifle? Quite cool. Also, someone had a FLIR IPhone case that turned it into a thermal sight on his gun, might need to get one of those...

Yeah the thermal view is pretty good for the mall, shame wasnt wielded by the guy with the 3 point laser for total predator tactics. Apparently the gun mount only fits an iphone4 so this guy just uses his old phone amd doesnt worry about it meeting a BB bashed end

• Supporters

Yes! I own an iPhone 4, that thing was almost bulletproof... Not sure I'd take my 5s out there, but my 4? Heck yea.

• Supporters

Well, I can maybe comfortably play at The Mall once my new gun gets here; every time I've gone I've had issues... None zed's fault, just weird things like my guns failing, or my P90 randomly jumping around 80 FPS on game day...

• Supporters

Luke said it was probably that too much gunk had gathered at the front of the gearbox. Gunk at front = tighter seal, higher FPS. Gunk in middle = correct FPS. Gunk at back = lower FPS. Took apart its gearbox today, and indeed there was quite a bit of excess old grease in there, as I've never opened it up before. So cleaned it all out and regreased it, gonna have to see if it's lowered back to its usual 290 FPS next time I'm at The Mall in April for the Safariland 578 ProFit holster testing/demo I will be doing. However my hodgepodge G&P/Star/Madbull M4A1 from Al should come tomorrow, along with 6 midcap PMags, so I won't have to worry about failing guns for awhile... If I have to use an MP40 with one low cap again I might just have to go pistols only... I guess that will be a real test for the ProFits...

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.