Airsoft Newbie Loadout - Feedback Please

Scotty H
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys, going to take part in airsoft days for the first time in september. Got a CQB and a woodland one planned with a mate who has done it a few times and I just wanted some feedback on the gear i've ordered for a start up. Cheers.

G&G UMG

G&G Suppressor

G&G Front Grip

Eotech 551 Holo Sight Replica

1 x G&G Hicap 530 round mag

2 x G&G Midcap 50 round mag

1 x G&G Lowcap 20 round quiet mag

8.4v 1600 Nimh Battery

Eotech 551 Holo Sight Replica

Universal Fast Charger

Viper Single Point Sling

Condor MOPC Plate Carrier (tan)

2 x Bulle Double UMP Mag pouch (tan)

1 x Bulle Utility Pouch (tan)

Helikon Soft Shell MutiCam Trousers

Viper Security Belt

Mechanix Vent Gloves

TMC Strike Face Mesh

Bolle Cobra Safety Goggles

Milcam Baseball Cap

Web-Tex Green Shemagh

Comments Welcome. Is there anything else you can recommend?

Wow thats a lot of gear straight out. Have you ever played before ?

Boots ?

You might need a way of carrying some spare ammo loose rather than in mags.

How did you plan to reload your hicap in the field ?

Do you have any pictures, might help to notice if anything is missing. Do you have any boots? Also, try getting a water canteen or camelpack as you will need to rehydrate yourself during thosee longer games.

Yea I held off on boots as I'd spent a fair amount of money as it is. I've got some boots already they're just not amazing but they'll do for now.

I was going to use the utility pouch for spare ammo as it is big enough to hold a tub.

Well I was hoping I wouldn't use more than 750 rounds I'm carrying per mission. I don't think they're really long at the places I'm going and could reload in the breaks. How would you reload a hi cap mid game?

I'll get some pics when the stuff arrives. Cheers guys.

A decent pair of boots is probably one of the best investments you can make.

Dont have to be UK special forces with self tie laces and infra red toecaps, just a cheapish ordinary but decent pair of boots with some ankle support and grip. On my first game, I made the mistake of wearing my old walking boots because I didnt want to get too heavily into it until I knew I liked the game.

They had secretly rotted and the sole came off spectacularly.

I often reload hicaps during a game. Its quite quick. For stealth reasons, tend to use a bag with a pourer in the neck rather than the bottle. I also have grenade bb holders but the BBs get stuck in them so they are just cosmetic now,

I guess my point is Don't try to cover everything. Play a few games and add and improvise as you go along.

You just need a few essentials to start with, to protect yourself. As you play more and see what style you like, you will naturally add to your collection.

my wife has needed to take the credit card away now as Ive become a self confessed airholic :-)

Like I said i've got some boots theyre just not military grade but will suffice for the first couple of times :D

LOL @ Shinobi, yea i've got some bb's but will probably buy some on site too.

I could do with some help zero-ing in my holo sight though lol

Shouldn't be too hard, aim straight ahead into the distance and fire a few shots, adjust the aimpoint to the centre of the group. Fire again to make sure it's lined up and readjust if needed. Seriouslyy though, get new boots if they're quite loose or if they don't give good ankle support otherwise you could permanently damage your feet.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporters

It's hard to enjoy yourself if your feet hurt.

Seems like you've got a pile of money to put into this, so you should probably look into Altbergs - you can get them custom fitted for a few quid more than the usual staggering retail price...

Speed loader for your mid and lo caps - King Arms 200rnd ones are good, but a bog standard 100rnd job will do. Probably not such a good plan to get a 400rnd STANAG mag shaped one, because you'll not be running that shape of pouch.

You might want an admin pouch that your phone can fit in, and some of them have a pistol mag pouch big enough for the KA speedloader (it's bigger than a standard pistol mag). And if you get an admin pouch, you may as well get a patch or two to go on it - blood group, allergy, flag, smiley, fb like, some yank bollocks - take your pick :)

• 2 weeks later...

Ex Army Pro Boots or Assault Boots are a good place to start, they are tough and don't cost a lot.

Pro Boots are the same as the Assault boots but have more padding at the top and a Goretex lining. they cost about £10 more than the Assault Boots.

Get Grade 1 used boots from one of the Ebay shops. I use These from Guards Army Gear They are picked from a better batch than most, I have had 2 pairs of Assault Boots that look like new for £17.

Beware some places selling new and 'lightweight' Assault Boots. They can be knock offs.

Archived