R.I.S. RAILS AND I.C.S

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

ok so basicly im looking to put a free float ris in my ics m4 i believe you need to replace delta ring to g&p one but if i do this will it just fit and can anybody thell me where they have found/sourced a decent free float ris preferably under £50 as im on an extremly tight budget

thanks

also take a look at the other things i need

http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/17338-project-gun/

I know ICS are a pig for not taking parts that are not ICS.

I have just fitted a King Arms CASV rail to an ICS M4. It took 2 hours of filing to get it on.

Have you seen the Fab Defence M4 hand guards?

You don't usually need a delta ring for a free float RIS - they screw onto the receiver or come with one.

Any free float RIS designed to fit a G&P M4 will fit an ICS without modification (or very little). As for barrel length - if you're removing the sight post it doesn't matter. If you need to adjust the barrel length, most ICS M4s have a two piece barrel. Undo the grub screws about halfway down and you can screw/unscrew the barrel a few turns to either lengthen it or shorten it.

ICS M4 with PWS Diablo RIS

diablo.jpg

It's rock solid, very easy to install and lines up with the upper receiver rail perfectly. I was just posting the pic as an example, but it is my favourite :) I think they are quite hard to get these days!

Ideally you need to invest in an armorers wrench which you can use to tighten up the delta ring, but you can also try a rubber boa wrench to get a grip on it instead. It's just a case of removing your current delta ring, sliding on the new one and tightening it up (you may need to hacksaw off the tabs in the ICS outer barrel to get the delta ring on which is a 30 second job). Once the delta ring is fitted, you screw on and line up the RIS.

The best/cheapest source is second hand on the forums unless you want to buy from Hong Kong!

Archived