M4 recommendations?

QuadMachine
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

The time has come...after watching Zero Dark Thirty I'm ready for an M4.

I'm after something of real quality, so monies not to much of a concern. I'm tempted to build one, starting with the body and the adding stock/barrel etc in stages, although if anyone can recommend an off the shelf M4 with metal body and full RIS I'm all ears.

I'm eyeing up this ARES body over on fire support: http://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/ares-m4-bodymarine

Anyone got experience building M4s? Are the components form each manufacturer interchangeable or if I go ARES am I limited ARES components alone?

• Supporters

Ares are shite. Just avoid them completely.

Go for g&p or vfc, they're compatible with most external parts which makes it easier when adding stuff to them. G&G are also a good contender, though they're not as widely compatible as the previous two brands.

• Supporters

I've got a great suggestion regarding M4's: take a 5Kg hammer to 'em ;):lol:

Ares are shite. Just avoid them completely.

Go for g&p or vfc, they're compatible with most external parts which makes it easier when adding stuff to them. G&G are also a good contender, though they're not as widely compatible as the previous two brands.

G&P, not heard of them, this the kind of thing your taking about?

http://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/gp-defender-gp707-airsoft-gun-aeg

Yeah, g&p, vfc, g&g, ics and CA are all much better options that ares.

i would like to argue that ares are shite because i have had one for almost a year and a half and i am fully chuffed with it perform's well and with an ris system and lots of goodies it looks bloody nice as well ! only modification i have done internally is a new systema spring to bring fps down!

Archived