Airsofting - A directors dream.

SheriffHD
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Now, I know that on some TV shows and film sets they will call on help from Larpers and more commonly reenactors.

I know that there is a large call for directors who are doing different films ideas and are forced to downscale their plans due to not being able to get the amount of actors they need or the gear/props.

Out of curiosity, is there any one on the forums who has been hired by a director for film purposes?

The cost of hiring guns and costumes can get very expensive, and while alot of small time directors have the ample skill for VFX, they lack the budget for the big costs of films. Usually you wont get paid just free food and drink for the day while filming.

But if there is teams/groups of people in the area who have the gear and the idea and like the idea of getting into a few films Id suggest getting onto Star now and making an account to state that you are an active airsofter what gear and loadouts you have (post pictures, Good pictures are important)

I can tell you now, film sets are a huge laugh and very entertaining so if you can do it, and have the time you should go ahead and do it.
It may also be worth going to universities and getting into contact with the media students as they will usually need good props/costumes and actors.

And just because I want to rape views for the past videos I've helped out on Im going to post the quality of work you can expect from unknown directors.

The first video was a 48 hour challenge for the london sci-ci event (Judge was gilmore del toro(Hell boy director)

During a year there will be many 48 hour challenges so the ideas are always limited by what they can get their hands on on short notice. So Having a group of airsofters on hand ready to rise to the challenge is a directors dream when writing a script for these things.

The second video was a short film intended to be used in a few other competitions, The cost was kept down, but the making of a cardboard space ship and cockpit was pretty damn fun. So even if you donate your help as a on set helper/builder and not as a actor/extra, you can still have a pretty epic time. The reaction you get from the police when you set up a space shuttle is a car park is even better.

so in all, if you have spare time and want something to keep you busy and entertained this summer. then help out a director. :D

• Supporters

Not true we make a cracking brew....... Yorkshire puddings, plenty of Greggs in towns, cracking views, rugby league, you sell our fine part of the country short my friend!

I meant film wise ;)

Ahhh well I rescind my previous statement, they filmed world war z in Glasgow, but I suspect that due to the shuffling, dishevelled, sunken eyed nature of the locals rather than anything else. And the Media museum in Bradford

They also done some filming down in kent too. because they got too much attention from the locals in glasgow.

Archived