Posting an RIF

snowy70838
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

If it is within their size allowances then you can send it by Royal Mail.

You can send it via Parcelfarce, but it won't be insured

I use "my hermes", and just list it as a toy, which they are. Cheaper than RM, you can drop it off locally at loads of shops, and tracking actually works!

If it is within their size allowances then you can send it by Royal Mail.

You can send it via Parcelfarce, but it won't be insured

I use "my hermes", and just list it as a toy, which they are. Cheaper than RM, you can drop it off locally at loads of shops, and tracking actually works!

Thanks for the advice. But they are not just a toy and I once had an RIF seized and destroyed as I used a service that wouldn't take them.

That is why I am after recommendations for companies that will take an RIF.

I have checked royal mail and it does seem they are willing.

Thanks

Royal mail have to take them, but they have to be under their rather small size limits. You must also send them 24 hour signed for, or they are not covered, all for a eye watering £24. If they are bigger than their size limits then they will go parcelfarce, who do not cover them for loss/damage

DHL won't, "parcel to go" won't, Parcelforce won't, looks like "my hermes" won't, citylink won't, TNT may, but can't find list of restricted goods on their site. Apart from that good luck to ya :)

• Supporters

I've always sent via Parcelfarce from my local Postoffice and never had any issues.

Still got it insured and everything. I'm fairly sure Wolfarmouries use Parcelforce as their courier too.

• Supporters

Did you tell the person what it was Ed? if not then you may have commtitted fraud or if something did happen you wouldn't have been able to make a claim unless you lied about what it was and made a Fraudulent claim

That is what happened to me. I sent an RIF, cant remember who with, and when they found out it was an RIF it was confiscated and destroyed as they were not allowed to carry them.

Is this some sort of legal thing?? I do not know.

• Supporters

No it's perfectly legal to post them, the Courier shouldn't hhave destroyed it as it was still your's (could have had them charged with something to do with breaking someone's property) and they only had Duty of Care (Making sure it wasn't lost or Damaged) however you broke their T&C's so they should have given you the choice to arrange a courier to pick it up or go get it yourself only thenuld they have been aloud to dispose of it however they want (Honestly sound's like a case of Sticky Fingers to me!)

UPS delivered mine yesterday and TNT collected one for a return last week. Also Royal Mail and parcel farce have delivered

• Supporters

The Postoffice always ask what it is because it's always a huge heavy box, I've always said it's a replica gun and they've just sort of looked at me a bit weird.

I'd have thought the PO would tell me if Parcelfarce's T&C's disallowed the postage of RIFs.

My L129 came via Parcelforce too, they even held the package after "damaging" it because an ink package exploded all over the outside of the box. So you'd have thought they'd have scanned it or something and seen a gun inside.

But not a single fuck was given.

UPS delivered mine yesterday and TNT collected one for a return last week. Also Royal Mail and parcel farce have delivered

I will check them out. But I am finding what they will do for a business account is not the same for a public account.

It almost seems worth setting up a business just to get the much cheaper rates and ability to send a greater range of items.

What is amazing me is the amount of prospective buyers who don't want insurance so the postage is cheaper. But you can guarantee if something were to go wrong they would want a refund!

lol

Archived