Two Tone Modification

Shinobi
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Yes the VCRA only requires that you intend to use a RIF for skirmishing, The onus is however on you to be able to prove this and it is not clear how much proof you might need. UKARA registration is the safest bet but as long as there are records kept of your attendance, that might be enough. However as an under 18 year old it may be trickier. I would suggest that if you have a gun with bright orange stock and foregrip and change the stock and foregrip at the site and swap them back before you leave, it would be very difficult for anyone to make any arguement that you were not intending to use it for skirmishing.

Another possibility is that if you have a 2 tone gun and lend it to someone who modifies it to be an RIF before they use it to skirmish and then gives it back without reverting it to 2 tone, that would probably be legal.

I would go for the more cautious method and only modify it at the site until you are 18, as it will be hard to explain having an RIF as an under 18.

• 2 weeks later...

(Just thought I would post on this thread instead of making a new one)

I've just purchased a G&G CM16 Radier two tone for my first gun.

Here's my question - Can I put rail covers onto the rails (which I presume will be the part that is two toned as well as the stock) when skirmishing?

Cheers

• Supporters

I assumed (this could be incorrect of course) from the tone of his post that not only was it his first gun but that he had not yet skirmished it at all. While I don't subscribe dogmatically to the 3 games in not less than 2 months standard I do subscribe to the idea that if you're going to manufacture a RIF you should have some kind of documentary evidence you're an airsofter and not just someone who says they want to play one day.

I assumed (this could be incorrect of course) from the tone of his post that not only was it his first gun but that he had not yet skirmished it at all. While I don't subscribe dogmatically to the 3 games in not less than 2 months standard I do subscribe to the idea that if you're going to manufacture a RIF you should have some kind of documentary evidence you're an airsofter and not just someone who says they want to play one day.

You assume correctly ;)

Archived