MP7 - Custom/Mods

monkee
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Big hk silencers, t1 aimpoints, peq15, mini Scoutlight

Seems the 'norm' for setting up an mp7, have a google for navy seals using them, should give you a few ideas ;)

• Supporters

You know what would be 'kin amazing looking? A night vision scope on top that's as long as the gun!

That, or Navy Seals style.

4750978485_063a15811a.jpg

Pic is of my MP7 but taken by the guy i bought it from...

URxPy0W.jpg

I'm very tempted to buy an MP7 but I'm also stuck for ideas. I've Googled MP7 and have found plenty of examples but they're just pictures. I have no idea what they've actually used.

Does anyone else have any set ups of their own?

• Supporters

Not sure what you mean, there's not actually all that much you can do to an MP7 to make it unique since there's only so much rail space.

Most people tend to go for an aimpoint t1 (clone) /eotech sight and a PEQ15 / 16 box on top or a tactical light of some kind on the side rails.

Beyond that really all that can be done really is painting it in cool camo patterns.

If you post up a picture of what sort of thing you're after I'm sure a few people here will be able to identify the parts.

Not sure what you mean, there's not actually all that much you can do to an MP7 to make it unique since there's only so much rail space.

Most people tend to go for an aimpoint t1 (clone) /eotech sight and a PEQ15 / 16 box on top or a tactical light of some kind on the side rails.

Beyond that really all that can be done really is painting it in cool camo patterns.

If you post up a picture of what sort of thing you're after I'm sure a few people here will be able to identify the parts.

dsc0138cy.jpg

I really like the sight setup on this particular example.

- I love scopes but they don't provide much eye relief. But, in this example, they've attached a scope and a reflex sight on top.

- The PEQ box I'm not particularly bothered about. It's likely I would attach a tactical light/torch.

- I would prefer a slightly longer silencer/supressor, I think. But, not so long that it begins to compromise flexibility. Of course, the moment you put any extension on the barrel you'll start to compromise flexibility.

I'm quite fond of the Madbull "Halo" supressor. Would this be able to screw straight on the TM MP7?

No you need a TM MP7 silencer/thread adapter.

The H&K MP7 style silencers don't really compromise the gun. Once you have the stock extended and the "long" silencer, it's still smaller than a short M4.

No you need a TM MP7 silencer/thread adapter.

The H&K MP7 style silencers don't really compromise the gun. Once you have the stock extended and the "long" silencer, it's still smaller than a short M4.

Tariq. Apparently, the TM MP7 comes with a thread adapter. I appreciate I didn't mention that in my last post. But, am I mistaken?

In that case, if the silencer is the right thread direction and size it should fit.

• Supporters

Yeah the TM MP7 comes with a silencer adapter, it's CCW if I remember correctly.

Parts list from that gun then... sight is a replica of a Trijicon ACOG, looks like the 4x32 with a micro red dot sight on top. link to the real one: http://www.trijicon.com/na_en/products/product2.php?id=ACOG&mid=4%20x%2032

China produce many copies, some are better than others and magnified ones will set you back a few quid. The Strike Systems 4x32 ACOG is the model I personally own and I find it to be very usable, your mileage may vary. Personally wouldn't put it on my MP7 as I tend to use a bigger gun in woodland which is where I like the magnification for spotting. My preference for a sight on the MP7 is the fantastic Aimpoint T1 micro on a high mount, these can be had on eBay for about £30.

PEQ box is a PEQ15 replica, easily acquired from all manner of chinese/hongkong retailers, the Element PEQ16 is particularly good.

If you're after a tac light instead then the 'legit' choice is the Surefire M300 mini scout light, thankfully Element do a really good replica which is still very very bright. Though obviously not as bright or as durable as the real Surefire one.

Silencer on that one is the Tokyo Marui full auto tracer unit, I have one on my MP7 and it's the dogs bollocks for shooting glowy plastic balls at people. Longer ones are no problem, in fact Madbull/Magpul do a whole series of quick detach ones designed specifically for the MP7, so if you want the look when you're fannying around in the safe zone/posing for photos but want your gun short and mega pointable when playing... you can do that too. Link:

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/ufc-silencer-with-flash-hider-for-marui-mp7a1-gbb.html

Be careful with buying QD silencers for the MP7 though as a lot are designed for the KSC/KWA/Umarex MP7 and they're NOT cross compatible.

That's all that has been done to that one, they've removed the rails from the sides of the hand guard, very straightforward on the Marui GBB as each one it just held on with a bolt (4mm allen key).

Here's a photo of my MP7 to give another perspective on how they can be set up. Please ignore the tape on the silencer, it's holding on one of the batteries for the tracer unit as I'm paranoid that if I leave them all in they'll go flat!

Sight is an Aimpoint T1 replica, tac light is an Element M300 scoutlight with the pressure pad attached to the pistol grip and the silencer is a Marui tracer unit.

phototql.jpg
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I don't really see the use for the PEQ box as all you are gaining from is it the laser? Thats on the basis you will be getting a tac light on the side rails anyway?

Just waiting on my deliveries now to 'pimp my MP7'. Just on a side note, anyone found somewhere (not china) that actually has MP7 GBB mags in stock? I've also had some problems with TM mags fitting the HK (umarex) MP7 - any solutions or do they simply not fit?

• Supporters

TM MP7 mags aren't compatible with other brands sadly, one of the main reasons for me getting the TM MP7 over the KWA was mag prices and availability.

The PEQ box it you get a quality one gives much more than just the laser, the element PEQ16 has a very bright flashlight, a red visible laser, a low intensity blue led lamp for being sneaky and even an IR lamp (it's a shit IR lamp though!). Essentially if you get a halfway decent functional PEQ you don't need a tac light too.

Archived