Hop rubber

snuff
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I've always found those green G&G hop rubbers to cause my BBs to make a reasonable range then suddenly drop.

I'd say either madbull or Systema :) The combination of either hop rubber and their respective hop units is always awesome!

I've bought 4 so I should be able to get some good results.

Madbull,Lonex and Element.

Would I be better off with soft or hard?

Thanks.

• Supporters

I'd say to stick with the nub you've already got if you go with the Madbull, the nubs that come with the Madbull rubbers are massive and always cause my hop to be on a ridiculous amount even when dialled all the way off.

Madbull Blue and an H Nub give me some great results though.

Definitely get the soft rubbers, hard are for 400+ fps set ups.

Darn! I forgot to mention; the A+ Studio REAPS Hop Rubber... 60 degree (medium, although often listed as "hard") Gave my Ares G36kv a 50% range increase on top of what it was originally hitting with a ProWin Hop unit and rubber!

I need to mod the hop unit to reduce the range... it has a habit of curving upwards even when the hop is off and it's cold!

Never actually tried out an R-Hop. Apparently they're very fiddly, however the Reaps hop rubber is an easy peasy installation with no huge amount of skill required!

@alwaysontheoffensive, I buy mine from airsoft-club.com costs about £6 posted and arrives in 1-2weeks :)

I also believe there are a few stockists in the UK but... don't quote me.

They can be a little difficult to install as it has to be perfect for maximum benefit. However, you easily gain 50 to sometimes a whopping 100feet in effect range and accuracy. My 300mm modify tightbore can reach 225feet plus! Even further with my prommy 407mm.

I've modified one to to work with my Skorpion AEP/SMG. The range was great for a small gun but now it's TM standard sort of range, except in an exceptionally quiet package! Looking to upgrade the rest of it towards the cool 300 fps B)

Archived