New to airsoft - reccomendation for my first AEG

Whitt
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all i am new to airsofting and was looking for my first AEG i was looking at the King Arma M7/M8

http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/airsoft-m4-m15...ms-OA-15-M7.htm

Do you guys have any opinions on this AEG or any reccomendations on a similar line, i'm looking looking to fit a CTR stock and a RIS is a must.

Cheers Whit

• Supporters

A lot of people Dislike king Arm's because they have had repeat Failure's from them But i haven't and mine was Pretty dam good too! although i had a Standard A1 variant.

I was suggested a g&g top tech 416 but i have heard bad things about the blow back system.

A lot of people Dislike king Arm's because they have had repeat Failure's from them But i haven't and mine was Pretty dam good too! although i had a Standard A1 variant.

what bad things?? i haave one of these and it is by far the best thing i've had.

never had an issue with it and i cant promote G&G enough!

Whats your budget? your looking at £300 guns i'd say go with a G&P.

I have a basic G&P M933. No RIS but is rear wired with a crane stock so you can use either crane stock batteries or stock tube lipos.

Look for a G&P M4 EOD as that is more or less the same. Pick up a RIS and the lot will be under £300!

• Supporters

Hi Whit.

I take it you are over 18 and have completed your required skirmishes to get your club membership and/or UKARA.

Does your club sell guns or do you live reasonably close to one of the airsoft shops? It really helps to visit a shop and hold different guns to see what suits you so far as size/weight.

G&G make very good guns and even their Combat range performs very well. The top-tech have some inproved parts and often don't cost much more than some of the combat ones.

If your local site does have a shop then buying from them could be your best bet if you are new to airsoft. They will always be on hand to sort out any minor problems you may have as the instruction booklets with many guns are not that great.

We bought a new gun from our local site a couple of weeks ago. They spent a good 20 mins or so showing how to fit the battery into the stock (avoiding snaging the wires) and then took us to their range and helped adjust the hop etc. Then went off to start the first skirmish and met a guy who had bought the same gun by mail order - he was struggling to fit his battery from the instruction. Needless to say we could put him right in a few seconds with our `expert' knowledge.

A couple of other people had tried to help but the stock cover was very tight and they were afraid to use much force in case they snapped the retainin g clips - whereas we had been shown the `nack' to do it.

For a lot of guys on the forum this would all be very basic stuff but for a newbie I think we can all benefit from a bit of basic instruction.

If you can get to a shop then they can help you with any of this.

• Supporters

That is the G&G 416. G&G just give things silly names for licensing reasons.

G&G's blowback mechanism is different from all the others, it uses air pressure created by the general action of the gearbox, so it doesn't put extra, unnecessary wear on the key parts of the internals, which is what almost all other blowback mechanisms do. Either the person who gave it a bad rep didn't know this, or they're one of the people who has a massive dislike for one company or another for no particular reason.

Anyone who has owned a G&G will swear by it, I can guarantee it. There's even an example from someone further up the thread. I own a Gen 1 G&G Top Tech MP5A4, I've had it for over a year and it is without a doubt the most flawless gun I've ever owned. I've had a G&G M14 that was out of this world as well. I'd say go for G&G, if you're on a budget and don't mind plastic, then you could get a plastic bodied gun to keep the costs down as well.

I can't think of a single thing to say about G&G that's bad. They're probably the best airsoft companies there is at the moment. Anyone that has a bad opinion of them probably gained it a few years ago when they were a pretty poor quality company, they've seriously stepped up their game since then. I'd compare them to G&P (if not even rate them more highly), which are one of the biggest names in airsoft.

Is this the Gen 2 model? http://www.landwarriorairsoft.com/acatalog...ml#.UHxMahKaDp4

My main features im looking at are the abilty to fix a CTR stock and it already having a RIS so i dont have to faf about.

Whats your opinion of the King Arms M8?

That is the G&G 416. G&G just give things silly names for licensing reasons.

G&G's blowback mechanism is different from all the others, it uses air pressure created by the general action of the gearbox, so it doesn't put extra, unnecessary wear on the key parts of the internals, which is what almost all other blowback mechanisms do. Either the person who gave it a bad rep didn't know this, or they're one of the people who has a massive dislike for one company or another for no particular reason.

Anyone who has owned a G&G will swear by it, I can guarantee it. There's even an example from someone further up the thread. I own a Gen 1 G&G Top Tech MP5A4, I've had it for over a year and it is without a doubt the most flawless gun I've ever owned. I've had a G&G M14 that was out of this world as well. I'd say go for G&G, if you're on a budget and don't mind plastic, then you could get a plastic bodied gun to keep the costs down as well.

I can't think of a single thing to say about G&G that's bad. They're probably the best airsoft companies there is at the moment. Anyone that has a bad opinion of them probably gained it a few years ago when they were a pretty poor quality company, they've seriously stepped up their game since then. I'd compare them to G&P (if not even rate them more highly), which are one of the biggest names in airsoft.

At the moment its a tie up between the King Arms M8, that G&G 416 or somthing from G&P (whom i know nothing about) then my sort of wild card is the RIS ICS sig 552. Trouble is i love magpul way too much.

More or less any M4 will take magpul stuff!

(shameless pic whoring!)

IMG_0014-1.jpg

all bought for under your budget! (minus the mags)

That is exactly the look i am going for :).

Its just a tie up, like which will cost me the less to one if these

http://www.landwarriorairsoft.com/acatalog...ml#.UH_YVxKaDp4

http://www.landwarriorairsoft.com/acatalog...ml#.UH_YsRKaDp4

into that image above but in green

I have a G&G GR15 Raider L and I'm so pleased with it it's unbelievable. It hasn't failed me yet. I got it from Proairsoft supplies in Highgate for £189. You can get it cheaper elsewhere but these guys are great.

The blowback merely makes a noise, it's not mechanically driven, its pneumatically driven instead so no stress on the gearbox.

Archived