AEG Batteries

iAcorn
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

as you know I recently purchased a G&G MP5SD. This has been my first airsoft purchase and in terms of the actual thing itself, it feels great. But I'm not here to talk about that.

Since I'm still in the noob phase of airsofting I now have to deal with the battery part of life. Now obviously some guns only have space for a mini and such so I am glad I knew that off the bat. But I seem to be having some trouble with mine.

I purchased the SMG from ZeroOne (I know some people dont like them but it was convenient for me). However on the website it gives no help with what battery it takes. Even a web search left me no closer to an answer. I found a review video where it stated NiMH gave better response than a LiPo but it didnt give any details as to the voltage etc. So I purchased any ol mini type NiMH. It didnt go so well. Opened the manual and saw it required 8.4V 1600. So naturally my trigger response and fire rate was awful.

I purchased one that "fits" the specification stated in the manual and it is an improvement but the trigger response still seems a little sluggish and im sure the fire rate can be better. Also the pneumatic blowback isnt really pushing the bolt cover back much at all. And yes I charged the battery before using (for like half a day!)

Are all batteries the same or are some just better quality than others. What would you recommend to increase performance for my MP5.

I will try to get a recording tomorrow after work so you can see what I mean.

Wow that looks like a pretty cheap place to buy batteries. Cheers, I will order a 9.4V to see if that helps and get back to you. I might do a comparison too.We shall see.

• Supporters

Increasing the mAh rating of the battery will also increase fire rate and trigger response, which may fit better than having to add another cell to the battery pack (8.4v - 9.6v).

Having a higher mAh will only increase the batteries endurance as it means milli-ampere-hours. It's a measurement of the amount of energy the battery can store. The key for me is finding the right voltage output to power the motor without breaking it. Since I have a top tech hopefully the internal parts (which I have been told are already sort of upgraded) can handle the 9.6V running through it. I had a module on electronic engineering at uni so you can quote me on this ;) Never thought it would ever come in handy though!

• Supporters

For some reason the G&G Top Tech MP5s don't like LiPo batteries, the fire rate isn't too great with them.

I use an 8.4v Nimh in my MP5, I can fit a large type in the stock, but you'll be limited to a mini. Ought to be completely fine with an 8.4v mini.

• Supporters
Having a higher mAh will only increase the batteries endurance as it means milli-ampere-hours. It's a measurement of the amount of energy the battery can store. The key for me is finding the right voltage output to power the motor without breaking it. Since I have a top tech hopefully the internal parts (which I have been told are already sort of upgraded) can handle the 9.6V running through it. I had a module on electronic engineering at uni so you can quote me on this ;) Never thought it would ever come in handy though!

I'm afraid to say you're wrong. Theoretically right, in practice wrong.

In my old A&K M4, it had an appalling fire rate with 8.4v 1100mAh batteries (fully charged), but as soon as I put an 8.4v 3700mAh (also fully charged) and the ROF increase a lot.

Another thing, if I put 8.4v 1600mAh batteries (fully charged) in my M16, it doesn't fire. The trigger response/ROF is so slow that there's simply not enough power to pull the spring back. However, when I use an 8.4v 3700mAh battery, I get over 20 RPS in the same gun.

Here's a video of my M16 with various battery combinations:

The first one is 2x 8.4v, 1100mAh batteries in parallel, giving 2200mAh. Further on, there's 8.4v 3700mAh, which clearly has a higher ROF and trigger response.

Archived