hi im new to the forum and to airsoft

broklebean
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

hi everyone.

im new to the whole airsoft game i previously played paintball but havent been for a while and i like the look of airsoft with the RIF's.

im planning on going to my first game this weekend at a local event, obviously i dont have my own gear as im not a member yet until ive done my 3 games.

whats the best load out i can get on a small budget? you guys and girls have probly been asked this hundreds of times sorry.

i like the look of the M4 rifle and G36 rifle are these any good for a starter? what brand is the best value for money?

thanks for your time peeps :rolleyes:

hi everyone.

im new to the whole airsoft game i previously played paintball but havent been for a while and i like the look of airsoft with the RIF's.

im planning on going to my first game this weekend at a local event, obviously i dont have my own gear as im not a member yet until ive done my 3 games.

whats the best load out i can get on a small budget? you guys and girls have probly been asked this hundreds of times sorry.

i like the look of the M4 rifle and G36 rifle are these any good for a starter? what brand is the best value for money?

Hey, I'm just starting up again and i've found that g36 and m4 are the best starter rifle, you can get a G&G cm16 (m4) for around 100 pounds, as for the rest, if you're not fussed about MOLLE vests you can get a normal viper one for about £30 and some goggles for around 10-20

Heyoh and welcome! You got into the perfect place as a new into airsoft, I am and to be honest I learn A LOT from people in the forums, I was a total noobie when I came but since I got help and explanation I guess I understand about airsoft more and more!

Good luck as well!

hi everyone.

Hey man welcome to the forums, an M4 or G36 is a great choice for a starter gun, i've found them to be reliable and good performance. Dont worry if you budget is low, theres so many you can choose from and such a low price. As said above you can pick up a vest for 30-40quid, when you get into it you can save up for a MOLLE vest of belt and custermize it to how you want. As for goggles get a mesh pair, i picked mine up off ebay for a tenner.

Hi all thanks for the good welcomes was a bit nervous saying I'm totally new to airsoft incase I got laughed out of here but been made very welcome thanks.

The choice of rifles I made was totally based on looks if I'm honest that was lucky I choose some good ones.

What's the ideal 2nd weapon?? Has it got to be a hand pistol or can you use a rifle

• Supporters

A second weapon isn't really needed, I went without one for years and now I have one I barely ever use it. Unlike in games, I find it's much easier and faster to reload than to swap to your pistol.

Pistols also take up space that more rifle magazines could fill, as well as being heavy in some cases. I can carry 4 rifle magazines in the same space as my pistol and 4 pistol magazines.

The pistol has worse range, accuracy and power and in 4 pistol mags that's only 100 shots at the upper limit. Whereas with 4 rifle mags you could have as many as 2000 shots and you don't have to worry about excess weight, dropping your pistol and breaking it, the cost of the pistol and the magazines, as well as the gas you'll need to run it, oil to maintain it etc etc.

If I were you I'd just upgrade my rifle, or get some accessories for it, or maybe just buy a ton of magazines.

Yeah if your gonna use an assault rifle a pistol isnt needed. If you ever take on sniping like myself you'll need one.

If you ever do get one think about what type you want, i.e. green gas or electic (dont get a Co2 one as some sites dont allow it.) gren gas ones are good for power and performance but they are effected by the weather, you have to carry a can of gas with you and it can get expensive. I like electric ones, my CYMA G18 is electric, its not as realistic as GBB but you only really need 2 small batterys for the day max, good in any weather and a lot less weight.

thanks for this great advice you guys are like fountains of knowledge :P

is there any rule to how many mags you have while in the games? do batteries last the day out or is it good practice to carry some spares?

ive heard lipo batteries are better dont know how true this is but guessing they will cost alot if that is the case

cant wait to get some kit together im searching ebay as i write this for goggle/masks, vests. that sort of thing

thanks for this great advice you guys are like fountains of knowledge :P

is there any rule to how many mags you have while in the games? do batteries last the day out or is it good practice to carry some spares?

ive heard lipo batteries are better dont know how true this is but guessing they will cost alot if that is the case

cant wait to get some kit together im searching ebay as i write this for goggle/masks, vests. that sort of thing

i've never known a site to put a limit on pistol mags. Only mag limit i've seen is a FFZ where snipers may only have 2 mags.

I haven't used my G18 at a match yet, but from reviews people are saying one battery will last the day, I am going to order a 2nd one just to be safe.

I think LIPOS are the best for performance etc not entirely sure.

Archived