Hi all, thinking of starting airsoft

mr.e30
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

My names Euan, Im 19 and I stay in Huntly in Aberdeenshire. I ride BMX and old BMWs, especially my old E30 which I spent alot of time and money on, another expensive hobby is not what i need but airsoft seems so much fun. A couple of friends are into airsoft guns, never skirmished but like messing around. Theyve recently shown interest in going to a skirmish and il be damned if im missing out on that one. One friend has a Dragunov full replica he was gifted and a full replica gas pistol he was gifted, as far as guns go...hes sorted.

Myself and Charlie however, have no weapons and are currently browsing. ( I intend to check the for sale section )

I love the gas powered mac 10s however realise this probably wouldnt be suitable as a main weapon at skirmishes due to lack of accuracy. I also found a G3 that I liked and have recently stumbled accross this

http://www.wolfarmouries.co.uk/airsoft/bb/...t&id=ICS41W

I ideally want something subtle like the G3 shape, either battery or gas, CBA with spring, and i dont want to spend too much, as stated i ride bmx and drive an old beemer, also getting into mixing drum n bass so my budget is the 150 mark, the less the better.

What do you all recommend we should be looking at? Any other things we should get for skirmishes? glasses obviously, but what should we wear ETC?

Cheers, Euan.

• Supporters

Yay more cannon fodder for me at HTA...

i'll say an M4 if you come along once just to have a look at how it is for you i may be able to cut you 2 a Deal regarding old gear and some weapon's i'm selling

Highland Tactical have a Game some time at the end of this month which i can't get to because well my ride's like ca put...

• Supporters

Look for a JG (Jing Gong) G3A3, my mate has one and it's pretty nice. Plastic too to keep the cost down.

Right around the £150 mark, but don't forget you'll need a battery too and you might want to get your own eye protection for comfort's sake.

Welcome to the forums by the way :)

Try a few hire Guns first before you decide to buy.

M4s or AKs are pretty good to start off with as they are easy to mod/upgrade and lots of interchangeable parts are available.

Don't consider jumping straight in the Sniper mode as it isn't to everyone's tastes, some of us just like getting stuck in rather than hiding and crawling around in the Bushes for hours LOL.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporters

I was Selling an M4 and a Free Rig with it but that's been sold But i am still selling an G&P M16 with V1 ASCU Just waiting on an Update from ARS (Airsoft Repair Service)

Archived