Sniper Load Carrying

Liam Porter
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

For the NAE, I need something more suitable than my pockets for carrying everything while I snipe.

I've seen battle belts and chest rigs. I like the idea of the battle belt loadouts, but I have literally no idea what I'm supposed to be searching for.

If someone could bring up a shopping list of what I need, I would be super grateful!

The things I need are:

- 2 pouches for L96 magazines, they're 12x6x3cm dimensions.

- pouch for my radio, or a belt that it can clip onto easily (using the standard clip on the back).

- pouch to carry a smoke grenade (12cm length, 5cm diameter).

- pouch for spare ammo and dead sock, about same size as smoke grenade pouch.

- pistol magazine pouch for Glock 17 magazine.

- pouch for pistol-style speed loaders.

- holster that will fit Glock 17.

Would be amazing if can all be in tan colour, otherwise DPM is fine.

Cheaper the better, as long as it won't fall apart on me.

Any help is good, thanks.

• Supporters

Well Liam, 1st off we can't use fuse lit pyros like smoke bombs @NAE12...

The obvious answer would seem to be one of the cheaper molle belt platforms, like the Viper Modular System but, if you're after something a little more individual and even cheaper, you might want to have a look at this eBay shop.

• Supporters

I use a TMC Boar Chest Rig.

It has a back panel with an inbuilt hydration pouch and Molle on the back, which I use for my spare hi-cap and my radio pouch (as well as combat-teb my mascot of fiery fiery beefeater death). The front comes round more waist height than chest and sits nicely as a sort of belt.

It's got a ton of STANAG size mag pouches built in, but could probably stick sniper mags in there. Then to my left I have my pistol holster and a mag pouch for that, as well as a triple smoke. On the right site I have my command panel, a utility pouch and dump pouch, it's fairly low profile and pretty good, the inbuilt mag shingles are also versatile enough to fit most mag types which is a bonus.

Think they stock them at Actionhobbies. I got mine in Ranger Green and I've never had a rig quite so good.

I got a Viper Belt Platform in Green for £10 (no tan) at Patrol Base.

On the website there is also the TAS Sniper pouch (the title says Trojan Tactical sniper pouch) which is £2.99! It says "An excellent and affordable piece of kit that we Airsoft snipers have been looking for, for ages! Small, compact and cheap! The TAS sniper pouches are ideal for carrying magazines for VSRs and L96s and available in OD Green and Tan"

There's also a Trojan Tactical Double Pistol magazine pouch in Desert Tan for £9.86. Also this great magazine pouch from Flecktarn.co.uk,

http://www.flecktarn.co.uk/sdtmp3nx.html.

I remembered militaryops.co.uk, they've got a Lock Cordura Belt Pouch DPM for £2.99. Length up to 12 cm, width upto 3.5cm & thickness upto 3cm. That could fit a magazine.

http://www.militaryops.co.uk/lock-cordura-belt-pouch-dpm/

Trojan Tactical do a smoke grenade pouch which is £12 something, and in Tan. But you could go for a double smoke grenade pouch by Viper for £10 but it's only in Green or Black! Both are on patrolbase.co.uk

For spare ammo I'd reccommend any utility pouch, I'd say (from Patrol Base) the Web-tex utility pouch. (£12)

For pistol style speedloader pouch - you could get the Viper Small Utility Pouch but it's in green, although just £5.95 from Z1.

Found a radio pouch on Action Hobbies. It's £9.48, TMC, and in Tan. Designed to hold AN/PRC-148 Battle Radio. So I don't know if it'll fit yours..

Looked on Flecktarn too and found this: http://www.flecktarn.co.uk/sdtrc1nx.html

Can't really find any good holsters in Tan.

Well, just found a Coyote Brown Glock 17 holster for £19, from airsoftworld, but there's no MOLLE adapter.

There are IMI paddle holsters but you said cheaper the better so maybe they're out of the question for £40 including MOLLE adapter!

Hope this helped!! Sorry I couldn't find any good holsters!

• Supporters

I've got a BULLE MLE for my marksman rifles which is a copy of the Tac Tailor MAV with optional X-Harness. It's a sort of half way house between a MOLLE belt and a full on chest rig, so you get more real estate than the belt but less bulk and easier donning/removing than a standard chest rig.

Think flecktarn still only charge about £25 for them and it's all 1000D cordura and other military spec materials, bargain really. Should hopefully leave some cash left in your budget for the necessary pouches. Should be able to carry everything you need, comes in tan.

Archived