Whats the difference

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Note: I did try and Google before asking...but my poor Google skills came up with sweet FA

What is the difference between a Gen2 and Gen3 gear box?

Can you simply replace a gen 2 with a gen 3?

With the G&G CM16 Raider, what gearbox is that? I dont mind if its a Gen2 as I have used it 3 times now on a skirmish and it performed more than good enough for me

The reason I am asking is I keep coming back to this rifle purely because I do like the look of it and the fact its a compact AK.

http://www.actionhobbies.co.uk/SRC-Gen-II-...11T9A.aspx?nh=1

Are gen2's that bad? are gen3's that much better?

I wouldn't mind spending that bit more to get a gen3 gearbox inside it (hence the above question)

Cheers :)

Note: I did try and Google before asking...but my poor Google skills came up with sweet FA

What is the difference between a Gen2 and Gen3 gear box?

Can you simply replace a gen 2 with a gen 3?

With the G&G CM16 Raider, what gearbox is that? I dont mind if its a Gen2 as I have used it 3 times now on a skirmish and it performed more than good enough for me

The reason I am asking is I keep coming back to this rifle purely because I do like the look of it and the fact its a compact AK.

http://www.actionhobbies.co.uk/SRC-Gen-II-...11T9A.aspx?nh=1

Are gen2's that bad? are gen3's that much better?

I wouldn't mind spending that bit more to get a gen3 gearbox inside it (hence the above question)

Cheers :)

Bare with me here as i am still relatively new to all this too!

i think you may be getting confused with SRC AEG's with regards to Gen II & Gen III.

Gearboxes are all various versions that refer to the configuration of the gears, housing, wiring etc. as a result you cannot just drop different version gearboxes into any AEG. I'm pretty certain the Raider is a version 2.

you can certainly still upgrade parts such as gears etc, just not the configuration housing. Hope this helps and people. . . if i have stated something not quite right then please put me straight :blink:

Hi Loydy,

Cool OK thank you

So if I am happy with the Raider (being a Gen2) then I would be happy with that SRC rifle :)

So yes, i could upgrade the barrel / gears / hop up rubber etc... on both to get better performance I guess

Thanks for the info :)

The SRC generations refer to the develoment of their guns, not the physical gearbox type, but more of whats in it.

generation 1's were rubbish

generation 2's were ok

generation 3's are good

Nowt wrong with a SRC gen2 and you like the gun so go for it.

Archived