What Upgrades for a Tokyo Marui M14 SOCOM?

JRTIGHE
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I received my first gun today, I bought it second hand. It seems to be in pretty good condition. I shot a few rounds through it when I was playing around in the back garden today. Now I'm wondering how to make this into a monster! I heard that a tightbore barrel would be good for this, to further increase accuracy? I also notice that a lot of people upgrade springs in their guns (to M1** ones or whatever). The base FPS of a TM M14 is quite low at stock - 300, but I think this is sufficient?

As this is my first gun, I know very little of what to buy and the installation procedures. These upgrades will probably occur in the future as I can't afford to buy them right now.

Thanks for your help.

Thanks for the advice, I certainly will be for the time being! One problem though, when I inset a mag it doesn't stay in properly as the catch doesn't go back to where it should be, I have to push it back for the mag to stay in! I've tried greasing it up a little but the same thing is still happening, has anyone had this problem before?

• Supporters

We do have live's and so don't spend all night on here you know.

are putting it in like an AK Mag IE front lip first as that is how it should be done

We do have live's and so don't spend all night on here you know.

i've been known to be on at 3am and i'm sure many others are night dwellers too :blink:

used to have the same problem with mine back in the day (my second ever rifle, so it's long gone now) you have to angle it right and give it a good ol' fashiond whack on the bottomto make sure it clips in. just sit at home and practice putting it in, releasing it put the mag in a dump pouch and put another magazine in. that way you learn where all your equipment is, so when it comes to it you will have less (they are still fiddly buggers sometimes) trouble re-loading and can get back into the game faster

hope that helps anyway

Tom

Thanks for your advice Tom, still doesn't seem to be fixing the issue though! I can ram it in as hard as possible and it won't clip properly..

Archived