Turnigy Accucel 6 power supply help

Gaz
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys I've found a local place thats selling a turnigy Accucel 6 charger through eBay for about £31, thing is they want an extra £14 for the 12v 5A 60w power supply, I've seen the same type of power supply on eBay for bout half the price (pictured) so I'm thinking I could save a few quid doing that if its basically the same, unless anyone knows different ?

According to the statement below most of these Turnigy chargers ship with cheaper power supplies anyway:

"Note: All 12v 5A 60w power supplies will limit the Accucel 6 or any other '6' model charger to around 5A/50w instead of the full 6A 60w due to the power consumed by the charger itself. Power supplies capable of supplying the extra 10w (usually 15v 5A 75w models) are an unusual type and more costly. If the max output power is exceeded, the PSU will simply switch off."

Cheers

imagejvaq.jpg

Er yeah, my bad just noticed I said charger a few times when I meant 'power supply' I'll amend it now thanks :rolleyes:

What I want is to buy the charger, then the power supply separately as a generic 12v 5a 60w would be cheaper than the one the seller wants to bundle for an extra £14, especially considering its likely to be a generic cheap one anyway. ;)

• AF-UK Founding Member

Depends on the plug from the power supply to the charger. That one is one of those little pin type ones. If that is what the charger takes then you're all good.

If I recall correctly the Turnigy Accucel 6 (and other very similar chargers from the same OEM) use a laptop-style pin type power input from a power supply, or can use a couple of croc clips as usual. To be honest, unless you already have a power supply to use, you'll need one, and it'll do ok. Though for £50 odd you'd probably be better off visiting a model shop near you as they should have an AC/DC LiPo balance charger with decent warranty and support for the same money.

Depending how clever you're feeling you can always just use an old pc psu like i do :)

...found a video

that's a pretty long winded explanation but basically short the green wire to a black wire with a paper clip(so it'll turn on) then you can use a yellow wire for the 12v+ and another black wire for the negative.

I've been using a similar setup for around a year with no issues what so ever :D

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the replies although after research I get the feeling the one on giantcod is a cheap Turnigy accucel clone which ive heard are doing the rounds. After looking at the specs side by side they seem to have been copied word for word! Suspicious if you ask me.

And thanks for the psu suggestion ive seen that done before although its probably a bit beyond me ;)

Archived