KWA Mac11

NATO1114
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

The Review: KWA Mac-11

I would like to start by mentioning that I have the gun in factory blue two-tone. Also I didn't really know what category to put this in because its not an AEG and it's closest to pistol.

Externals:

I ordered from Action-Hobbies for around £130 , and if I remember correctly then the gun came quickly by courier. The packaging is fairly standard, maybe a little bit flashy with a huge glossy KWA

logo on the front of the box, not that I'm complaining. Inside lay my little beauty. The gun looks great, even in blue. Externally, the gun is made mostly of plastic, with only the outer barrel, bolt, sling mount, trigger and sliding stock in metal. Yes, the sights are plastic, that is my only gripe about the gun externally, however they serve there purpose and haven't broken on me despite quite a lot of use. Have no fear though, all the plastic is top notch, high quality and there are no ugly seams.

I didn't spend long just admiring the guns, I wanted to unleash the beast.

Firing:

I had seen the gun fire before on you-tube but it is so much better for real. After charging the mag with propane, and loading in all 48BBs, I let loose.

First a bit of semi. Every pull of the trigger issued a satisfying (and noisy) "PLACK!" as the BBs whizzed off. This gun works great with Madbull 0.25g BBs, as well as Zero-One 0.2g BBs. Full auto is truly... terrifying. Even a tiny squeeze on the trigger releases a cloud of BBs. The gun develops a mind of its own as the blow-back bolt cycles nearly 30 times a second, so fast its barely visible. This gun is a true CQB monster.

FPS:

Although I have never had it chronographed, I believe that it has the usual green-gas fps. So circa 310fps or so.

Hop-up:

I am not hugely experienced so I don't know much about more the more complicated parts of an airsoft gun. All I can say is that I have fired, probably 10,000 rounds and the hop-rubber is still fine. The hop-up easily lifts a 0.25g at least 45m, although being a CQB weapon it won't be very accurate at that range. I would say that this gun is effective at up to 35m tops, any farther than that and it becomes more difficult to hit people.

Mag capacity is 48 I believe, although that won't last long at all on full auto (about 2 seconds). About the mags, they are long and thin, full metal, hold lots of gas and I think they fit MP5 pouches only I'm not overly sure about that.

Overall:

The gun has served me very well. I had many awesome kills. Obviously it's pretty much CQB only, although I have used it for a few woodland games and it does't do terribly.

It makes a good back up if you have room to carry it. To sum up it's the Dodge Challenger of the airsoft world: Loud, smokey, and freakin' bad-ass.

A solid 9/10

Only con is the plastic sights, especially the front one. I don't really see them breaking unless you are careless, but they are always a bit worrying.

post-4295-1327219789_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporters

Nice, informative, and not to mention, enthusiastic review haha, it sounds awesome, I wish I had one.

• 6 months later...

Archived