Pyro

snuff

I'm sure I asked this before but I can't find anything.Where is the best place for bulk pyro?Thanks.

Unless you're buying in bulk I find the extra postage costs don't make it any cheaper than buying on site

3 hours ago, snuff said:

I'm sure I asked this before but I can't find anything.Where is the best place for bulk pyro?Thanks.

I would have suggested BulkPyroSupplies but they've recently stopped trading for 'changes in personal circumstances'. They were usually the lowest priced retailer and offered nice discounts for bulk purchases. Same with a website called 308sniper.co.uk - used to buy a lot of my pyro from there as the postage was fast and much cheaper than others then it suddenly shut down.

Alternatively, you can go directly to Enola Gaye and get a nice little discount (10% or so) and free postage on orders that are over £200 if I remember rightly. You cannot buy directly from FBS - I asked pretty much a year ago and they told me to use BulkPyroSupplies.

You could try approaching your local site owners. If you're a regular there, and on good terms, you could try asking them to buy them at trade prices and giving you a bit of a discount. Especially if you burn through a load of pyro (definitely not me).

It's time consuming but you could just google for the type of pyro you want and see which retailers have it in stock. Be warned that not all retailers will post pyro and require in-store/person collection - I would have spend hundreds at ZeroOne during their closing down sale if they'd have posted pyro. Probably good for me that they wont :)

Edited by MrTea

What @Cannonfoddersaid

The ‘best’ place to buy is at the site you will be using it

The most economical way is to bulk buy ….  And bulk means bulk 

Pyro needs to be posted by approved options, with carriers that provide suitable options and in suitably marked packaging.  The cost and availability of these keeps rising in £ and reducing in options.

(Declaration of interests - I have a sponsorship relationship with Enola Gaye )

They have put up useful information on transporting, storing and general safety guides in articles on their website, eg:

https://enolagaye.com/pyrotechnic-regulations-necessary-inconvenience-un-necessary-evil/

I recommend buying from the site you play at for ease of those issues and also it means that the sites get to have their share of profit, so the business doing the service of providing a site to play at get a share

It also means that if there is a bad batch of pyro * then you can go straight back to the sites shop.

* do read the instructions on how to ignite the specific pyro:

Be gentle with friction pyro and if it’s a ring pull then clarify which way to pull