Krytac P90 - opinions :-)

TheDoctor

Hello All

First, I am relatively new to airsoft (but not new to shooting sports) so be gentle with me...already a few CQB games in and I have the bug 🙂

I've always loved the P90, and have my heart set on one - my local shop has the Krytac version and the TM in stock, and I get the chance to get some discount this weekend. I really like the feel of the Krytac, and I would probably do some upgrades later down the line, but it looks like a better, more viable base platform out of the box vs. the TM. I just wanted to gain some insights before I part with my money.

Best

Doc

I've no experience of either, but things I'd consider...

• Maybe add the Nonvritsch SSR90 into your shortlist.
  • I've always been told Krytac use many unique to them parts in their RIF's, so beware vendor lock in from them.
  • If any of them have the Perun P90 controller installed as standard this would be a big plus point.

... and don't forget to search the forum...

You can't go wrong with either TM (only if it's P90+, don't spend money on bone stock P90's because trigger is ass on all of them...) or Krytac.

I own an Alpine (which is pretty much identical to a regular Kry P90 minus the side rails, colour, and low profile rail kit) and one of the best P90 I ever handled to be honest. Adjustable trigger is insanely good. 50/200 rounds magazine is a nice touch as well. Doesn't shoot on empty. It's just on another level.

They don't need anything to be upgraded. Marui runs forever as long as you leave it stock. Yes, Krytac has many proprietary parts I think that's the only downside to choose over Marui.

Never had Novri P90 but their customer service has a horrible reputation just bear that in mind before you jump into one.

Second what the guy is saying above. I'd look into a P90 plus model from Tokyo Marui. They are unbelievably good stock and need nothing doing to them. Deadly accurate and surprisingly good with range. Most magazines fit them so you could get the krytac mags to take 200 rounds but there is another well renowned brand of magazine (sorry I can't think of the name) that holds 140 bb's and they feed absolutely brilliantly and cheaper than krytac ones, if you can find them in stock. I can't speak for the krytac ones though so they maybe just as good!.

Obviously the TM doesn't have the adjustable trigger like the krytac has but it does come with a Marui mosfet so it is snappy by P90 standards and was comparable to the krytac, I can only assume that the trigger wasn't set on the guys I tried? So again, don't take my word for it on that. The overall experience though just seemed somewhat the same as my 90, for something that costs more for a few extra features. Maybe I'm being bias?.

I think if you're looking for reliable fun then the TM, you can upgrade it if your really want to but honestly, it needs nothing.

Krytac is a very good brand, don't get me wrong but the parts for them being there own can make upgrading it a bit of a pain I'd imagine. If something was to break too, I'd assume it's the same story. If upgrading it is something you want to do, don't bother with the krytac as it's just extra money for a shell and you might as well find some cheap cybergun one because you're just going to gut it and change all the internals anyway.

But, the choice is yours and you get whatever makes you happy!

Edited by Jale_Hale

If you go down the Krytac route, you should bear in mind as alluded to that there are proprietary parts so upgrading can become very expensive. One fellow in somewhat recent news found that getting an OEM replacement nozzle for his Krytac P90 after a site owner drilled it was next to impossible so he needed to get a replacement custom made.

The TM (non Plus) clones can be bought affordably and upgraded quite easily, especially with the Perun mosfet, which can allow a variety of firing modes, adjustable trigger sensitivity, pre-cocking.

I'm looking for the Krytac 50/200 round mags but they're still harder to find that rocking horse poo.

Thanks all for the helpful suggestions - it is a tough one, and as usual I have spent hours looking over reviews and YouTube videos trying to make a decision. I have heard that parts for the Krytac can be a PITA to find, and I am well aware Drillgate, but it appears that he did get it sorted in the end. I suppose it is a case of which ever one I get, there will always be the niggle that I should have go the other one......so I'll just have to get both (and contemplate the possibility of a divorce!).

Hmmmmm 🙂

Best

Doc

1 hour ago, TheDoctor said:

I suppose it is a case of which ever one I get, there will always be the niggle that I should have go the other one......so I'll just have to get both (and contemplate the possibility of a divorce!).

Exactly. There's no perfect solution as each has its upsides and drawbacks. If you don't get both, you'd have to weigh up whose drawbacks you can live with the most easily.

• Supporters
16 hours ago, Krisz said:

Never had Novri P90 but their customer service has a horrible reputation just bear that in mind before you jump into one.

If you buy one through Novritsch then all the UK warranty repairs are handled by Negative Airsoft.

10 hours ago, TheDoctor said:

Thanks all for the helpful suggestions - it is a tough one, and as usual I have spent hours looking over reviews and YouTube videos trying to make a decision. I have heard that parts for the Krytac can be a PITA to find, and I am well aware Drillgate, but it appears that he did get it sorted in the end. I suppose it is a case of which ever one I get, there will always be the niggle that I should have go the other one......so I'll just have to get both (and contemplate the possibility of a divorce!).

Hmmmmm 🙂

Best

Doc

I couldn't justify to pay shy 600 pounds for a brand new krytac + 3 mags and that's why I bought it second hand.

If you look it stricly value wise Marui P90+ is better. There is no point to buy a stock P90 and then spend hundreds of pounds on internals when a P90+ is about 250 pounds. 

29 minutes ago, Krisz said:

If you look it stricly value wise Marui P90+ is better. There is no point to buy a stock P90 and then spend hundreds of pounds on internals when a P90+ is about 250 pounds. 

Who said one had to spend hundreds of pounds on internals? One of my P90s has its stock internals apart from those necessary to remove (trigger bar, trigger contacts, motor wires and the cut-off lever) to fit the Perun MOSFET for less than £250 for the pair and it fires extremely well (the gears, piston and cylinder were all in great shape when I serviced the gearbox) and that MOSFET offers considerably more features than TM's version. It can be argued that there's greater value for money from that perspective.

3 hours ago, ButcherBill said:

Check availability of mags, I just remember some on here having trouble getting mags for any P90's.

The challenge is getting either the Krytac 50/200 magazines or the MAG mid-caps.

TM or Cyma low-caps are relatively easy to get hold of and the high-caps aren't hard to find but I wouldn't recommend the latter because of how poorly they feed.