Mayhem, Essex

Colin Allen

Has anyone played at Mayhem in Essex?  If you have, would you recommend it?  What was good or bad about it?

Edited by Colin Allen

5 hours ago, Colin Allen said:

Has anyone played at Mayhem in Essex?  If you have, would you recommend it?  What was good or bad about it?

I’ve played the site at their paintball big games

They are a long established & experienced paintball site, with a good reputation in the paintball community 

I’ve walked through but not played their killhouse (I believe that it is exclusive to airsoft). This looks well laid out

Many zones have a mini safe area on field, which can allow you to stay out when eliminated and reload etc if playing shorter games saving the walk

back

My only dislike is that during the main big game when multiple zones are active is that there are no short cuts out to the safe zone - or I haven’t found them 

(They have a lot of safety netting up and

set pathways - exits might get opened on standard days, but I’ve had to turn back a few times in the big games when trying to take a shortcut to the main safe zone)

15 minutes ago, Tommikka said:

I’ve played the site at their paintball big games

They are a long established & experienced paintball site, with a good reputation in the paintball community 

I’ve walked through but not played their killhouse (I believe that it is exclusive to airsoft). This looks well laid out

Many zones have a mini safe area on field, which can allow you to stay out when eliminated and reload etc if playing shorter games saving the walk

back

My only dislike is that during the main big game when multiple zones are active is that there are no short cuts out to the safe zone - or I haven’t found them 

(They have a lot of safety netting up and

set pathways - exits might get opened on standard days, but I’ve had to turn back a few times in the big games when trying to take a shortcut to the main safe zone)

Many thanks; I am considering a visit there next month to see what it is like.

I enjoyed my day there, a little samey by the end of the day. It is a treck from the public transport routes but not a problem for drivers. It did do varied pace and objectives but we did use the same area too many times. This is also the day my first toy broke and the site were kind enough to let me use a rental for the rest of the day.

I would go again if I drove

1 hour ago, Jaylordofwaargh said:

I enjoyed my day there, a little samey by the end of the day. It is a treck from the public transport routes but not a problem for drivers. It did do varied pace and objectives but we did use the same area too many times. This is also the day my first toy broke and the site were kind enough to let me use a rental for the rest of the day.

I would go again if I drove

Thanks; the impression that I am getting is that it is OK but not great.

I'd go so far as to say good but not great, in their defence I haven't been back in what feels like and probably actually two years.