Postage packaging questions...

Egon_247

So, in order to achieve a few things (appease the wife, pay for CBR, eat, you know the usual malarkey) i may have to thin down the overcrowded wall of toys.

I have no problem selling them on here as i know most people arent eejits, but as a few of them have no original boxes, i have to ask.

What do people do when they sell and post a pew? i'm talking AK/L96 size of things.... i dont want it turning up as an AK23.5 or an L48 ( :D

I'd prefer people come and get them as they can test in the back garden over a coffee but some people live a long way off....

TIA. 👍

7 minutes ago, Egon_247 said:

So, in order to achieve a few things (appease the wife, pay for CBR, eat, you know the usual malarkey) i may have to thin down the overcrowded wall of toys.

I have no problem selling them on here as i know most people arent eejits, but as a few of them have no original boxes, i have to ask.

What do people do when they sell and post a pew? i'm talking AK/L96 size of things.... i dont want it turning up as an AK23.5 or an L48 ( :D

I'd prefer people come and get them as they can test in the back garden over a coffee but some people live a long way off....

TIA. 👍

Look out for offers on local Facebook groups and/or ask local independent retailers about the boxes their deliveries come in

Their commercial waste disposal costs them money, and they will have limited stock room space to hang on to boxes & other packaging 

Locally my friend is always listing free boxes, and ideally with quick collection.

(She’ll offer ‘same day/tommorow’ collection of good quality boxes before breaking them down (so anyone who wants boxes for removals or storage needs to get them quick) but for packaging they will still be just as good, as you would be reshaping a big square box into a long rectangular box.

Even better that would make you popular with the shops is the extra packaging, such as foam wotsits, bubble wrap and especially their suppliers shredded cardboard recycled into packaging. 

Then add an abundance of tape, a bin bag black plastic wrap and stick on your label

I've bought 'one or two' from the classifieds & the one's that aren't in original boxes are generally in adapted boxes whether it's a random amazon box or a couple of boxes taped together, only ever had one issue where the seller really didn't wrap or pad the box for posting & the pew rattled about so much it had fallen out (presumably at a posties feet to the call of WTF???). Whatever you use just make sure it's secure.

I may have been lucky when shipping long guns in that one I was offered a box from another shooter who didn't need it and the second where I broke the rifle down to allow it to fit in a 'squarer' box, with the buyers consent of course.

Now I have at least 1 empty long box in storage just in case.

You can always ask your fellow shooters in case they have one tucked away, going spare.

Good luck.