ESS / Revision goggle lens coating

djben9

• Moderators

Had an issue yesterday with both sets of lenses. Both goggles were fan versions.

both working well, but at lunchtime, I decided to wipe both with a fog tech wipe for the afternoon game, it was like the lens reacted with the wipe solution and then started to peel.

any ideas??

I wonder if it’s just taking off the original anti-fog coating?

Time to order some more lenses🤦‍♂️

• Supporters
34 minutes ago, djben9 said:

Had an issue yesterday with both sets of lenses. Both goggles were fan versions.

both working well, but at lunchtime, I decided to wipe both with a fog tech wipe for the afternoon game, it was like the lens reacted with the wipe solution and then started to peel.

any ideas??

I wonder if it’s just taking off the original anti-fog coating?

Time to order some more lenses🤦‍♂️

Sounds like it's reacted with something in the wipe, possibly whatever solvent they use. It's why they both recommend using their own wipes with their lenses.

• Supporters

As above basically.  If the high power mode on your fan goggles does the job then I find it's best to just stick with that, avoid any other products in the mix.  If you're THAT much of a fogger then yeah probably just don't mix brands to play it safe.

• Moderators

Thanks guys,👍

I have spares Ive collected over the years, assume the non fan version lenses are the same as the fan ones as I think they are mixed up!🤦‍♂️😂

It’s odd though, I’m sure I’ve used the wipes before on the googles, 

recently used abbey anti fog and has been fine 

tbh, the revisions frame is falling apart where it seals below the eye area, so time to hunt for new ones 

any recommendations?, 

mainly for a 15yr old, as they are my old pair from 2015!