m 1919 replica

Hello, I am making a replica of an M 1919 30 cal machine gun to fit on a half size jeep as I have joined the Military Vehicle Trust and would like to attend some of the shows they go to with their real jeeps.I would like to know which airsoft i could use to make it more realistic, I have benn told that a P 90 could be the way to go so, could anyone advise me please, thank you.

Are you sure?

There is a difference.

If it's not for Airsoft use why do you want to make it fire? I don't see how that make it more realistic if you want to simulate fire you could have a motor driven cam that cycles the charging handle.

1 hour ago, BigStew said:

If it's not for Airsoft use why do you want to make it fire? I don't see how that make it more realistic if you want to simulate fire you could have a motor driven cam that cycles the charging handle.

Most mounted pews use a gas system for the pew pew. 

Why not just get a wooden M1919 replica? Having it fire BB's or dry fire and sound like a sewing machine isn't going to do much for realism, and I hope you're not planning to use it to fire at people outside of airsoft games (Which it seems you're not going to be doing?)

Hello and thanks for replying.I only need it to make the firing noise , no need to fire any bb 's but as i was given an AR 15 which i was told was not working but now is , i thought that i could fit it into the m 1919 housing and as i have limited resources it hasn't cost me much and if i could get that gun fitted it would be so much better than a static exhibit, thanks again ,Graham.

I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will correct me if I'm wrong but I was always told that dry firing an AEG isn't good for the life of the internals, particularly the piston. As I understand it the bb in the barrel slows air escaping down the barrel and acts as a cushion stopping the piston slamming into the gearbox

3 hours ago, graham davis said:

Hello and thanks for replying.I only need it to make the firing noise , no need to fire any bb 's but as i was given an AR 15 which i was told was not working but now is , i thought that i could fit it into the m 1919 housing and as i have limited resources it hasn't cost me much and if i could get that gun fitted it would be so much better than a static exhibit, thanks again ,Graham.

Sustained dry firing is not good for a AEG and when it fires it's going to sound like a sewing machine. You would be better off figuring out how to make the bolt cycle and use a speaker system to simulate fire.