Gate Aster/LCT RPK Nozzle issue

JinxDuh

Fitted a gate aster to my LCT RPK, before the mosfet I was getting a solid 330-340 fps on .2g BB’s. After fitting the aster, I’m getting 250 fps on .2g BB’s. I noticed that the nozzle doesn’t seem to be fully meeting the hop unit and I’m not sure what I may have done to cause this?

It it was shooting fine before & you've only fitted a mosfet I'm sure you've just got something wrong when putting it back together, I watched a Neg airsoft video the other day & he made a point of saying the placement of the tappet plate on the setor gear can make a big difference. tried finding the video for you but failed.

18 minutes ago, gavinkempsell said:

It it was shooting fine before & you've only fitted a mosfet I'm sure you've just got something wrong when putting it back together, I watched a Neg airsoft video the other day & he made a point of saying the placement of the tappet plate on the setor gear can make a big difference. tried finding the video for you but failed.

Stuck another gearbox into it so it’s useable for tomorrow, and will deep dive it Monday. No doubt I’ve misaligned it 😂

Did you reshim the gearbox?

2 hours ago, JinxDuh said:

Not really, just made sure everything meets where it should etc same way it came out.

Hmm, I asked because I was wondering if the fin of the tappet plate could be slightly tight between the sector gear and the gearbox casing/bushing, causing it to be slow in moving forward; this could result in it being pulled back before it had time to move fully forward.

40 minutes ago, Colin Allen said:

Hmm, I asked because I was wondering if the fin of the tappet plate could be slightly tight between the sector gear and the gearbox casing/bushing, causing it to be slow in moving forward; this could result in it being pulled back before it had time to move fully forward.

There's a possibility! I made sure the nozzle was fully extended when I put the hop up in, and as soon as it fired once it went back to only being half in/out. I tried my best to get it all back as it came out as there was no issues with it prior to opening it up. Really I just wanted to mosfet it, as it'll be under a lot of full auto fire and figured better safe than sorry.

Aww, that's pretty bad!

Are you 101% sure you didn't mess up the shimming while installing the Aster?

Because if care was taken in doing so there is no chance a single board mosfet like an Aster would affect the tappet plate movement.

Care to take a longer, non slowed down video of semi&full auto fire?

On 06/07/2024 at 22:46, JinxDuh said:

Really I just wanted to mosfet it, as it'll be under a lot of full auto fire and figured better safe than sorry.

Full auto is actually better for the trigger contacts than semi, there is indeed a voltaic arc whenever the two blades are close enough, but once they touch they're "safe" until the circuit is opened again, whereas semi spam will repeat the voltaic arc part once every pull of the trigger :) (one long pull to let off 30 bbs is better than 30 pulls to let off 30 bbs, 29 less arcs for the same result).. Also motor blah blah battery blah blah, but it's irrelevant to the topic at the moment :D

Removed the aster, reassembled the gearbox, nozzle is running as it should back up to 330 ish fps (.2g)

The same thing happened with my LCT VSS thinking back, I fitted a mosfet and the nozzle wouldn’t go 100% into the chamber (Fixed that by getting a longer nozzle though)… Strange

Is the FCU board scratched?

Just now, Skara said:

Is the FCU board scratched?

Not that I can see with my visible eye, and it was brand new out of the box - Same for the mosfet in the LCT VSS. I’ve fitted numerous GATE mosfets into V2’s and V3’s and I’ve only ever had this happen twice now - Both being LCT V3 (I guess the VSS is technically a V3) boxes

4 minutes ago, JinxDuh said:

Not that I can see with my visible eye, and it was brand new out of the box - Same for the mosfet in the LCT VSS. I’ve fitted numerous GATE mosfets into V2’s and V3’s and I’ve only ever had this happen twice now - Both being LCT V3 (I guess the VSS is technically a V3) boxes

Very strange, a mosfet shouldn't in any case interfere with the mechanical operation...

Could it be the LCT gearbox being "speshul"? The same way E&L boxes are slightly off spec?

3 minutes ago, Skara said:

Could it be the LCT gearbox being "speshul"

Most likely! Putting an aster into a Cyma V3 was as smooth as butter, same as the Specna V3 & Double Bell. Very odd

18 minutes ago, JinxDuh said:

Most likely! Putting an aster into a Cyma V3 was as smooth as butter, same as the Specna V3 & Double Bell. Very odd

The lad has an Aster in his LCT Val; no issues.

1 hour ago, Colin Allen said:

The lad has an Aster in his LCT Val; no issues.

Hmm, must be something I've done wrong twice 😂

I think I'll try the mosfet in my E&L instead once I get the hop sorted, as I put the specna gearbox with the make gun go brrrrt parts into the rpk and it ran flawlessly at Splatoon Sunday (Although a few complaints about full auto, even though it's an lmg...)