CM.009D [CYMA M733] barrel & front end wobble, any fix?

pyromancer6

Hi all,

I've been blabbering on my profile about a 'works proper good' CYMA that a friend picked up second hand a while ago to do some sort of counter-strike style build (it was broken when recieved, and has sat in a gun roll for the best part of a year now) and I've spent the last few weeks using my sudden confidence and milk-bottle tech skills to get it back on the road after the CYMA mosfet did a CYMA mosfet and died.

It's firing nice, even though it overspins a little on 11.1v (but is a little sluggish on 7.4v, and just perfect on 9.9v even though it's the only battery that doesn't fit the front handguard, typical airsoft) I've noticed today that it seems to be a little wobbly in the front, to the point where the removable handguard, front sight/gas block and outer barrel move/rotates. It's bugging the piss out of me and I was wondering what I could do to tighten it up and if I need to seperate the upper and lower to do so (because getting those bullet connectors through the little slot in the outer barrel is a nightmare and I don't want to if I don't have to)

Video below - is it just a nuance of these front wired CYMAs or is there something loose I should tighten?

Cheers in advance.

Edited by pyromancer6

I think that's the nature of the beast bud ☹️

My g&g gc4 g26 has the same issue.

I can get the inner barrel real tight but the movement is in the plastic hand guard. A spot of hot glue may help. 

Your delta is lose , front sight off with the gas tube and tighten it up making sure the gas tube can go back in , you might need barrel shims but most times they arnt needed.

Your delta is lose , front sight off with the gas tube and tighten it up making sure the gas tube can go back in , you might need barrel shims but most times they arnt needed.

Edit- how liverpool ish are you ? I'm south wirral ( ellesmere port )

1 hour ago, Shamal said:

I think that's the nature of the beast bud ☹️

My g&g gc4 g26 has the same issue.

I can get the inner barrel real tight but the movement is in the plastic hand guard. A spot of hot glue may help. 

Unfortunately I need to get the front handguards off as it's front wired 😅, appreciate the input anway though

1 hour ago, johnnyj said:

Yeah this seems to be the case, just learnt how to take the front sight + gas block etc off alongside the delta ring so I'll be borrowing a armourer's wrench soon to get it tight as I just didn't have anything to grasp it properly

1 hour ago, johnnyj said:

Edit- how liverpool ish are you ? I'm south wirral ( ellesmere port )

Skem 😜, easier to just say it's close rather than try and explain lol

I used a pipe wrench for years , but yes ar wrench are worth it for the cost 

Unfortunately I need to get the front handguards off as it's front wired 😅, appreciate the input anway though.

Yeah understand that.

On mine it was the bottom section that was loose. Now that I have looked properly I can see that the top section is loose. 

I'm a little confused,  ar15 handguards all come off the same , pull the slip ring back , it might be hard but will come away , wiring is fine as the reciver has a cut out.

Fh off and then both pins and the Allen nut on the front sight and it will all pull away ( make sure to fully undo the Allen nut or it will mark the barrel.

Just pulled a 727 project out the cupboard,  notice how it's my handguard twisting and the barrel nut it solid , when the lower is on no flex at all