Hpa tank pressure gauge

Bit of a odd one.

I have noticed that the pressure gauge on my hpa tank appears to be faulty. Its stuck at 3000psi and the needle never moves either direction. An example would have been after today where I put well over a 1000 rounds through my mtw. It started at 3000pai and finished just the same so I either have the world's most efficient gun or its knackered.

So can/is it worth replacing. If so how the heck do you release any remaining pressure from the tank and what would I need to make the repair.

18 hours ago, ghostwalker said:

Bit of a odd one.

I have noticed that the pressure gauge on my hpa tank appears to be faulty. Its stuck at 3000psi and the needle never moves either direction. An example would have been after today where I put well over a 1000 rounds through my mtw. It started at 3000pai and finished just the same so I either have the world's most efficient gun or its knackered.

So can/is it worth replacing. If so how the heck do you release any remaining pressure from the tank and what would I need to make the repair.

If this is the primary regulator, basically only an IDEST or UKAS technician can do it if you're wanting it filled again in future.

It's the one cirled in this pic

Screenshot_20240513_141548_Chrome.jpg

These gauges can be self replaced.

Remember to ensure the air is drained as much as possible.  This can be done by shooting etc, but can also be done (slowly) by attaching an ASA adaptor with a line that goes to nothing,

eg attach an ASA, point the hose line in a safe direction, slowly screw down the ASA to open the valve and let the air drain

Contact your preferred airsoft/paintball retailer even if they don’t list gauges - they may have them in, can get you one etc

Secure the cylinder, find a tool that fits over the existing gauge and unscrew - slowly 

Some brute force may be required to break the seal (ideally it hasn’t been thread locked, just thread sealed 

Unscrew and check the threads as you remove the gauge - it may help to pull the last twists with the gauge facing downwards in case any dried sealant drops out (rather than into the cylinder)

With a pick tool check and clean off the regulators threads.

Check the threads on your new gauge - ideally they have been factory prepared with a dry thread sealant.  If not then you will need something such as PTFE / Teflon tape 

Screw it in cleanly and firmly 

Refill, checking for leaks and that the gauge works

Theres a demonstration here:

https://youtu.be/KAW_PIrKw10?si=xHMeuvM7rqMV3Gmf