Gbb / hpa lmg

So im working on a hk21 machinegun project. The base gun is a we g3 and i plan to hpa tap the original mag and hide it and the fitting inside the box mag. Anyone run a lot of gas blowback full auto around? Any advice would be appreciated as apart from testing guns I got to re sell this is my first experience with hpa

main-qimg-6308c277963268e0c61682a9b09860

Would love to see the finished product but why hpa it? I'm sure many of us would bite your arm off for it as an AEG.

*cough* like ME *cough*

p.s. practice your hpa on something that wouldn't be considered unicorn poo.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, gavinkempsell said:

Would love to see the finished product but why hpa it? I'm sure many of us would bite your arm off for it as an AEG.

*cough* like ME *cough*

p.s. practice your hpa on something that wouldn't be considered unicorn poo.

Well the reason im hpaing it is because the base gun I have is a we g3 gas blowback rifle XD. Its literally just a matter of putting a hpa adapter in the mag. I mean once all the parts are made I might start selling kits. We will see how it comes out. Im just working on making the handguard at the mo and have done a few test bits for the belt feed mech.  I mean ideally it would be great to have an onboard gas supply but I dont really se a good way to do that

Edited by HuttArmouries

11 hours ago, HuttArmouries said:

Well the reason im hpaing it is because the base gun I have is a we g3 gas blowback rifle XD. Its literally just a matter of putting a hpa adapter in the mag. I mean once all the parts are made I might start selling kits. We will see how it comes out. Im just working on making the handguard at the mo and have done a few test bits for the belt feed mech.  I mean ideally it would be great to have an onboard gas supply but I dont really se a good way to do that

Perhaps a very small air bottle hidden sideways on inside the box mag (with possibly some extra room created by using a short VN style tapped GBB mag) ? Or some way to rig an 88g co2 to the HPA tap on the mag?

16 minutes ago, The_Lord_Poncho said:

Perhaps a very small air bottle hidden sideways on inside the box mag (with possibly some extra room created by using a short VN style tapped GBB mag) ? Or some way to rig an 88g co2 to the HPA tap on the mag?

Yeah. That is a possibility but unfortunately there are no short mags for the g3

I suppose maybe I can mod a vfc. Psg1 mag to fit but I have no idea if there is any parts compatability between the brands

i mean if anyone knows a good way to chop down the we mag id love to hear. Unfortunately its made of 2 big cast chunks and the baseplate is part of it so it would be difficult to shorten and make gas tight

Having had a look actually I think it is feasable to chop the mag in half, remove a middle portion then add some guide blocks inside so it lines up, add a gasket between the two halves and bolt it back together

Well, you have mad 3d printing skills - could you design up a hpa mag adapter similar to some of the airtac ones-using the we mag feed lips, valve etc, but taking eg. the stubby m16 vn mags?

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, The_Lord_Poncho said:

Well, you have mad 3d printing skills - could you design up a hpa mag adapter similar to some of the airtac ones-using the we mag feed lips, valve etc, but taking eg. the stubby m16 vn mags?

Probably but the problem is 3d prints arent gas tight so id need to send it off to be made before I knew if it worked at all. I might give it a go. See if I can effectively just make a shorter magazine body since this is what comes out of the top of the g3 mag when you take the screws out. 

photo_2024-04-25_21-22-24.jpg

Edited by HuttArmouries