Loudout for milsim

Hi!

im pretty new to airsoft and i really wanna head to a milsim/battlesim game but i am worried about what i should bring, like do i have to wear all military surplus stuff or can i come in my normal clothes.

also should i bring both a primary and secondary or just stick with a primary? 

i currently own an M4 that is slightly beaten up such as the sight posts are broken off and the stock doesn't have the rubber buttpad on it and i gave my granddad my 1911 to fix as its currently broken

and what should i bring, i know they are multi day events so i was going to bring a tent, sleeping bag, cans of food and all the stuff you would need for camping but im not sure exactly what i need

any help is appreciated thank you!

Loadouts for Milsims / Battlesims are completely up to the very specific event you go to.

There are milsims that require you to pack 24/48/72hrs worth of equipment, food, water, etc... Because you are always in the game, and the game is 3 days long. They require you to wear a specific countries equipment, or equipment that a irregular militiamen would wear, because your team is meant to represent that.

There are also milsims that are in effect just 10/12/14 hour long versions of skirmish games that have no more stringent rules than an average Sunday out. 

Find a milsim you can and want to go to. Look up its rules, how the event is structed, how the site normally works, what lodging if any is provided, what infrastructure (Do they have water on site, is there a food van or other food source, etc...). And then decide whether you have enough. Or ask someone who has been to that event or events like it for kit advice.

And in general, a Primary is all you need. A slightly beat up M4 will serve most people well enough depending on what M4 it is. And for multi-day events, a Tent/Bivvi and a kelly kettle will serve you brilliantly.
I'd also recommend taking some lighter eyepro if you don't already rock really minimal eyepro. I don't know how good you are with wearing full-seal goggles at god knows what time in the morning, but I find some nice ballistic shades to serve me well when I'm getting neat and tidy when I wake up.

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, StoveCap said:

Loadouts for Milsims / Battlesims are completely up to the very specific event you go to.

There are milsims that require you to pack 24/48/72hrs worth of equipment, food, water, etc... Because you are always in the game, and the game is 3 days long. They require you to wear a specific countries equipment, or equipment that a irregular militiamen would wear, because your team is meant to represent that.

There are also milsims that are in effect just 10/12/14 hour long versions of skirmish games that have no more stringent rules than an average Sunday out. 

Find a milsim you can and want to go to. Look up its rules, how the event is structed, how the site normally works, what lodging if any is provided, what infrastructure (Do they have water on site, is there a food van or other food source, etc...). And then decide whether you have enough. Or ask someone who has been to that event or events like it for kit advice.

And in general, a Primary is all you need. A slightly beat up M4 will serve most people well enough depending on what M4 it is. And for multi-day events, a Tent/Bivvi and a kelly kettle will serve you brilliantly.
I'd also recommend taking some lighter eyepro if you don't already rock really minimal eyepro. I don't know how good you are with wearing full-seal goggles at god knows what time in the morning, but I find some nice ballistic shades to serve me well when I'm getting neat and tidy when I wake up.

thank you so much! 

im not sure what brand of M4 it is as i got it at an auction but i got the battery for it and it works perfectly

i primarily ask because i was looking at going to the national airsoft festival because it will be really close by to where i live

Edited by Hazzy

The NAF is not a milsim event...it may have kit restrictions. Depending on which team you sign up for. 

Have a look at cold war airsoft, these is a site near Newbury called Gunman that run regular film and milsim style events. Have a look at kit requirements there to give you a better idea. Some will even have hire kit.