UPS Castle Donington?

emilianoksa

I have a parcel from Hong Kong currently at Castle Donington.

Tracking it has been bringing up contradictory messages for the last three or four days.

Today for example it shows as still not having completed clearance (it has been in the clearance process for several days} and yet is expected to be delivered in Greater Manchester by the end of the day.

I got the same message yesterday, and nothing happened, so I am wondering when I will eventually get it.

It is not a large or expensive item - just a metal slide without an outer barrel for a Marui pistol.

Anybody else had this sort of problem?

I had similar issues when my VFC M249 was imported.

Castle Donnington seems to be the UPS equivalent of Royal Mails Langley mail centre at Heathrow, where they process parcels for customs duty etc

I had contradictory tracking information like you for almost a week, then a customs duty invoice to pay before they would release the parcels, and then about another week of more contradictory tracking information before I got a failed delivery notification despite not getting an "out for delivery" notification that day, and the UPS redirect option wouldn't not let me divert the parcel to my workplace just a few miles down the road from my house for the next day attempt, so I ended up driving down to my local depot to collect the parcels.

Just pray the useless customs monkeys at Donnington treat your pistol parts better than they did my m249...   which arrived with multiple scratches over it, a broken front sight and a broken end plate for the mag box gas tank that had been wrenched off with a screwdriver instead of using the two release tabs that even stevie wonder could have seen 

No, I'm not angry..  what makes you  say that?

Suffice to say I will avoid anywhere that uses UPS for international shipping for the foreseeable future as they are utterly useless

Oh dear.

My commiserations.

I can't think of any good reason why they should be allowed to get away with what they did to your gun. What gives the government the right to damage your property without apologising or paying compensation?

What a crappy country we have become. 

Thanks for letting me know. I won't hold my breath.