Warhead 27k short shaft. I need convincing...

Egon_247

7 hours ago, Pseudotectonic said:

Just noticed the Novatech GP-350 didn't have a delay in that video and it turns out there is indeed some sort of built-in controller with a blue signal wire coming out of the motor... and an included trigger unit?

Seems there is also a Reapers video on this, I will watch it later today

First glance the motor looks oversized, not sure how it works

That novatech has an ESC mounted on the side, you'll see 3 wires one for each of the 3 phases leaving the board to the motor.

That blue wire is for the trigger and there's a programmer for the ESC.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://www.begadi.com/catalog/sheets/17217001-manual.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwj-0IyR1q2EAxXLZ0EAHR4nBko4ChAWegQIDhAB&usg=AOvVaw20Smh6im4n2MnCawEs30X1

It's been around a long time, since 2017 it seems.

Yeah Leo, I'd read in this forum about it, but couldn't find it again.

It is very different and interesting but given that it's so unique it would take some time to get anywhere, if it's even needed.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, so having searched on this forum and found countless threads that havent been completed or had some sort of closure on it, i'll end this with my conclusions...

• They are not as scary as you make them out to be in your head. The Hype is real but at the end of the day, its just a badass motor.
  • Get the proper thread lock. 
  • download the manual from the website as the BASE motor doesn't come with any.
  • Fit it carefully and like everyone says, "if it just goes click, disconnect it and check it".
  • I left the heatshrink on the motor terminals as I'm a Muppet and i didn't want to reverse polarity kill it.
  • adjust.
  • enjoy.

Can honestly say, its a hoot. not the cheapest mod you can do but for pure perverse enjoyment of those small balls travelling, its worth it.

Spent all day skirmishing with the Aug and not once did i regret it. 

If you're on the fence. DO IT.  :)

This has been an AUG public service announcement. :)