BBU, nozzle and hop up unit compatability on TM gbb pistols

emilianoksa

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

When fitting a metal slide to TM pistols one is advised to get a reinforced nozzle. However I have heard that Guarder nozzles don't fit the TM Glock bb units but only the Guarder ones. So, if I were to get a Guarder bb unit as well, might this result in misalignment problems with the TM hop unit?

Will the Guarder bbu and nozzle work OK with the rearmost TM parts - piston head etc. -  or do they also need replacing?

Edited by emilianoksa

I'm guilty of this as have recently built a 100% Gen4 Glock 17 Guarder upper. However seeing as you only use your pistols to plink, is there any real reason to replace a part, just in case it breaks and you have to replace it? Surely it would make sense to worry about it if/when it happens?

I've built three different custom glocks based on Marui pistols and never changed to aftermarket BBU/piston head/nozzle and all of them have metal slides.

Stock marui internals can go forever quite literally.

Personally I've never felt the urge to change more than just short stroking and taking the trigger safety out. But my pistols are my primaries in winter season so I want them be snappy with a light trigger pull.

Edited by Krisz

I built a Gen4 with Guarder slide about 18 months ago and it was an absolute pain. Nothing seemed to fit correctly. I even contacted Guarder directly and they admitted that their dummy ejector was the wrong size or shape for their slide! (to their credit, they sent me a correct one)

Despite my best efforts, the slide sat weirdly on the frame.

However the one I built the other week couldn't have gone smoother and it runs like a dream on the stock recoil spring.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.