Daves Custom Delays.

OTH21

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all, ordered a single part - nothing too exciting or expensive, from DCA knowing it was from their euro-distributor (gunfire?) with the expected arrival into their shop of 15-30 days.

Item ordered first week of November, with a notification they'd placed the order with the wholesaler 3 days later. Without hearing anything else for 30 days, I sent an enquiring email on the 31st/32nd day, asking after the item's whereabouts. On 12th Dec, told via email the whole order was being held by customs/border force but would be released 'soon' - fair enough, forgotten about and I enjoyed the xmas festivities. No further news until chasing up yesterday, 16th Jan, to be told today that the order was still with customs/border force. 

Just wondering if anyone else is in the same boat? Probably just going to request a refund at this point and move on. 

I'm guessing they build up a number of orders (whole order) before shipping out from Poland in order to bulk ship?  Cheaper for them but can introduce delays.  I had Airsoft stuff on a BOAT leave China mid November and arrive December 27th.  Sometimes customs will stop shipments and check all items meets conformity etc, had that happen once with some chrono's, they said the chrono's weren't supplier with instructions, waited almost 3 months for them.  The instructions were sitting in the box.  Nightmare.  

As your part isn't that expensive worth ordering another one from HK?

I've bought a few items & pews from Dave's without any issues, emailing them might provide you with an answer or help decide if you want a refund or not.

On 18/01/2024 at 10:50, ak2m4 said:

I'm guessing they build up a number of orders (whole order) before shipping out from Poland in order to bulk ship?  Cheaper for them but can introduce delays.  I had Airsoft stuff on a BOAT leave China mid November and arrive December 27th.  Sometimes customs will stop shipments and check all items meets conformity etc, had that happen once with some chrono's, they said the chrono's weren't supplier with instructions, waited almost 3 months for them.  The instructions were sitting in the box.  Nightmare.  

As your part isn't that expensive worth ordering another one from HK?

Fair enough, didnt realise things can get held that long - my dad imports furniture, and the longest he's had is about 3 week hold. I'll wait a bit longer then. 

I'd have thought the euro-supplier stuff would be a case like you said every 2 weeks or however long they just put their bulk order in, or ship what's been ordered in the last 'x' period if time. 

Just checked & i placed an order for a GBBR XM177 on the 20th Dec & it was delivered & on my wall by the 28th and that's during the Xmas season, pretty quick IMO, some other orders have taken longer b ut never had any issues with items from Dave's except for being a little dearer than other stores.

The errant part arrived today, received a phone call from Dave himself yesterday morning, saying that the shipment had arrived. He even gave me free post, (I'd moved since placing my order and could no longer reasonably make it to the shop) I offered to pay the difference bit he declined. 

So, I would absolutely recommend or use DCA again in the future, but only for their UK in stock items. 

Unfortunately said item was an AK wooden stock, meant for a JG, with the part arriving being an SRC stock - no real fault of DCAs, they just get what they're given by the euro wholesaler, so it will require a bit of filing/trimming to fit. But it will finish the build. 

Matter resolved. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.