Thoughts on kyrtac trident SPR MK2

tk2010

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Sent back a low power specna m4 2.0, I've kicked up a fuss about it being repaired and requested a replacement but none are available.

The gun is for my son he likes to hang back and take longer shots, he wants a dmr but I've talked him out of it as we already have a tac41 but bear that in mind with the choice and opinions please.

Options are a similar

specna m4 e-09 2.0 (£310)

kyrtac trident SPR mk2 (£320) 

CYMA CM.097A Platinum (£320)

Any and all opinions are wel please 

I bought one as my first rif

it worked flawlessly, bought it used, and it had an upgraded barrel and rubber I believe. 
I never serviced it, only cleaned the barrel occasionally and charged the battery

I really enjoyed using it 

• Supporters

One of my buddies has one and I've had to work on it.

Decent guns until they break and then there's a bunch of proprietary parts that make life a bit complicated. They only really like their own hop unit and the gearbox is shaped in such a way that they only really fit their gears (which isn't entirely an issue as they are pretty tough). Some programmable mosfets won't fit/work because of the way the gearbox is.

The pistol grip can be a bit fragile  so make sure not to screw it in too hard if you have to take it off, the PTS EPG is a very good replacement though.

I bought a Trident SPR after I had to return my Specna Arms because of faults. I love the gun, it is very sturdy but the UK version is a bit underpowered out of the box. It was only shooting at about 0.85J which seems standard for the UK version.

I had Negative Airsoft upgrade it a bit and now it shoots at 1.06 - 1.08 with very good grouping.

The gun is good out of the box, so you don’t have to upgrade it if you don’t want to but you know we always chase that little bit more 😉

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.