Drop stock on quick change spring?

tk2010

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Want to fit drop stock but they all seem dependent on the stock bolt but I have quick change spring, anyone know of a solution?

12 hours ago, tk2010 said:

Want to fit drop stock but they all seem dependent on the stock bolt but I have quick change spring, anyone know of a solution?

If it's an Edge 1 or 2.0 - the removable spring guide should be threaded for the buffer tube screw anyway. The drop stock adapter screws into that.

Source:

Designed my own drop stock adapter for a Specna Edge a few years back - worked fine.

image.thumb.png.adb1212ce802c899d9d86afc75507d75.png

image.thumb.png.bcc05b73968b236499586c3e4ab4d54e.png

19 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

If it's an Edge 1 or 2.0 - the removable spring guide should be threaded for the buffer tube screw anyway. The drop stock adapter screws into that.

Source:

Designed my own drop stock adapter for a Specna Edge a few years back - worked fine.

image.thumb.png.adb1212ce802c899d9d86afc75507d75.png

image.thumb.png.bcc05b73968b236499586c3e4ab4d54e.png

That's amazing mate, is it for sale somewhere or is that a 3d print?

Do you have the stl

2 hours ago, tk2010 said:

That's amazing mate, is it for sale somewhere or is that a 3d print?

Do you have the stl

It's 3d printed.

The STL file can be found on Cults3D (search Specna Edge 15 degree drop stock). Can't link here because that would be a bit naughty.

Thanks mate, I've looked at the file and can't figure out how it's different from any of the others for sale on sites, It looks as though you still need to use a bolt? Through it.

Can you show me anywhere how it actually locks into a gun with the quick change spring bolt?

20240115_125553.jpg

That's not an Edge receiver - at least not a 'traditional' M4 Edge reciever - that looks like a completely different OEM (specna makes nothing themselves, it's all outsourced to various companies such as AIM TOP, E&C etc). In this case the spring guide forms part of the receiver extension.

Sorry, Can't help with this one - that receiver extension is proprietary and will require a bespoke design...

10 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

That's not an Edge receiver

It's what they're calling the new Edge 2.0 pew - happened to see one this morning on my travels.

Edge_2.0_orion_GB.jpg

Edited by Dan Robinson

Yeh - that's new.

Looks like they've trimmed the original Edge 2.0 line back quite a bit looking at Specna's site (there were about a million handguard combination/models at one point)

Edge 2.0 previously had 'conventional' receivers and receiver extensions - maybe Edge '2.5' would be a better description for these?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.