OMFG Grenade - which .209 primers?

RostokMcSpoons

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Having won a rather nice OhShiBoom OMFG multi-shot grenade, I need to get some primers for it.... I can see commonly it's Fiocchi 615 or 616 primers available, and I can see 615's are more sensitive.

I was probably going to buy a 3-pack to save a bit on the p&p, but I don't want to end up with loads of primers that are either too sensitive (just how sensitive can they be???) or so insensitive they won't always pop!

Is there much difference?  Am I worrying about nothing?

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

I did a little digging on this before when i got 2 quake 8s

In my quake 8 it's more about the grenade I think. I loaded one with 616 and one with 615 and when the grenade landed upright I noticed no difference

landing on it's side the grenade can be erratic with either. thrown with a bit more force on it's side it still went off 90% of the time

I think the 615 might have gone off a few more times but can't really remember as it was a couple of years ago

I tend to use 615s now so i think that was my conclusion 🤣

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.