GPM92 gas valve issues (RESOLVED)

Guest Marauder211

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Guest Marauder211

I've owned a G&G GPM92 for a few years and I like to think that the issues I had were more teething issues but I wonder if anyone had a similar issue or not:

Basically the valve seems to stick out too much on all but one mag I have. Being propreitary mags they have the added issue that they only fit that model, more to that, they still (to my knowledge) haven't come up with a valve tool to fit the valve in the mag. I noticed this because I use propane instead of green gas (with a couple drops of silicon oil to protect the O-rings.

This is not a call out post or anything of the like, I just want to know if anyone else now or back a few years ago have this issue, and if you fixed it, how did you do it? 

Edited by Marauder211

Guest Marauder211

I want to make this clear to anyine who decides to leave a smart ass comment on my post (go ahead, honestly.) That I feel that G&G are an amazing company and thry helped me massively when the mag it came with didn't work and promptly sent out a new one. No company is perfect and every company releases something that may not be the best thing ever, I chalk this experience up to bad luck as opposed to a bad job, it may be a fault in the gun itself for all I know, I'm no gun tech or expert, just a regular guy. 

Edited by Marauder211

Sorry mate, I've got the same pistol and it's never missed a beat in the 3 years I've used it. All my mags have the valve slightly recessed, when did you buy it and how new are the mags as I've seen some changes recently to my mags for my Pit Viper and Hi capa which may point to newer mags being slightly different.

Guest Marauder211
17 hours ago, Mad dog 49 said:

Sorry mate, I've got the same pistol and it's never missed a beat in the 3 years I've used it. All my mags have the valve slightly recessed, when did you buy it and how new are the mags as I've seen some changes recently to my mags for my Pit Viper and Hi capa which may point to newer mags being slightly different.

It was some time in 2019 I bought the gun so the mags are around the same age near enough. If the new mags seem to be better I might look at buying direct from G&G just to make sure the mags I get are as new as possible. I even marked the two that don't work. When the pistol works it is flawless and extremely fun to shoot.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Marauder211

I just looked at my two mags, the one I have issues with has the valve sticking out by maybe half a milimeter or so, so I'm gonna see about getting it screwed in just a bit through my gun tech, I think the first batch of mags had some QC issuesto start with which us not uncommon in any industry, but at least it means I don't have to file anything

Guest Marauder211

ISSUE IS SOLVED (I think). I took my gas valve tool from G&G and modified it to fit the valve then realised I was doing it the wrong way round so I widened the grooves in the valve, pushed the valve in and was still seeing issues, so I instead took the valve out and proceeded to file the valve head down about maybe a tenth of a mil and tested it, still had issues, so I filed it down another time and now I don't hear hissing and the magazine shoots consistently... let's just hope this fix holds

Guest Marauder211

People in the past (not on this website) advised me to file the hammer down (or striker, whatever it is called I'm not a tech) but I decided against that since it was only the one of two mags not functioning correctly, I figured that if I wrecked the valve on the mag then the worst thing I lose is £30 for a new mag, wheras if I filed the striker part, I could potentially lose the gun which would be devastating for me as despite the issues, I really like this pistol.

Edited by Marauder211

If it works with one mag but not another then I'd say the problem is with the magazine not the gun so you did the right thing ignoring whoever told you to butcher the gun. Unfortunately there's alot of idiots on places like reddit and faceache who think they're experts but in reality don't have a clue 

Guest Marauder211
On 24/01/2024 at 19:23, Cannonfodder said:

If it works with one mag but not another then I'd say the problem is with the magazine not the gun so you did the right thing ignoring whoever told you to butcher the gun. Unfortunately there's alot of idiots on places like reddit and faceache who think they're experts but in reality don't have a clue 

Yeah, tell me about it! Tbh I still get the same issue, but I'm thinking of getting a new tool and order some new valves from G&G, if that fails I'll just buy a new mag, it's £30 and I only need 2 at most realistically.

• Guest changed the title to GPM92 gas valve issues (RESOLVED)
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.