Umarex (VFC) P8A1 (USP) Issue and Solution

Duff Beer

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Just a quick tip for anyone that has one of the above, mine was sometimes misfiring by either being super gassy on shots or doing a full auto burst.

I thought it might be one of the mags being a bit sticky, and made a note of which ones it was misbehaving with, but there didn’t seem to be a pattern.  As the mags were all relatively new I resigned myself to just rolling the dice when I pulled the pistol.

However, because I’m a tart I found a Crusader steel extractor whilst browsing around and thought I’d pimp the pistol a little bit.  It turns out that the stock extractor, which acts as the nozzle return spring guide, had broken and was jamming the spring intermittently.  

So, for all of you out there with a VFC/Umarex USP/P8A1 check your extractors, and consider proactively changing the extractor out.

• Supporters
13 minutes ago, Duff Beer said:

Just a quick tip for anyone that has one of the above, mine was sometimes misfiring by either being super gassy on shots or doing a full auto burst.

I thought it might be one of the mags being a bit sticky, and made a note of which ones it was misbehaving with, but there didn’t seem to be a pattern.  As the mags were all relatively new I resigned myself to just rolling the dice when I pulled the pistol.

However, because I’m a tart I found a Crusader steel extractor whilst browsing around and thought I’d pimp the pistol a little bit.  It turns out that the stock extractor, which acts as the nozzle return spring guide, had broken and was jamming the spring intermittently.  

So, for all of you out there with a VFC/Umarex USP/P8A1 check your extractors, and consider proactively changing the extractor out.

tart-queen.gif

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.