Tokyo Marui AK47-S spare parts supplier?

RostokMcSpoons

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I've swapped all my working guns into the loft for their Xmas holidays, and bought down a couple of not working / needs work toys to meddle with instead.

One of them is my first ever airsoft gat, a Ye Olden Times TM AK47-S

It's taken a bit of a battering over the years, but a set of Cyma polymer 'modern style' grip and furniture have spruced it up.  I've test fired it with a new-ish mag I bought from Action Hobbies boneyard sale on Saturday, and it's still ticking along at a smooth-but-slow 12 rps on a 7.4v LiPo, and a surprisingly high 265 fps with 0.28's... so not too shabby.   

It needs a couple of bits though:

1) That stupid little plastic cover that fits onto the gearbox to stop mud and rain and snow and mice getting into the gears from behind the trigger

2) Stock release button.  It's just the top bit, the swivel mechanism still works, but without the thumb pad part it's quite hard to push in.  

1649856315_TMAK47SPartsneeded.thumb.jpg.2cca493f5a61b0d3e12ef9399aacf5e7.jpg

I've searched for both on t'net, but my Google-Fu seems lacking today, I've had no luck - any idea where I can source these (or does anyone have boneyard bits they can sell me?)

Cheers!

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

• RostokMcSpoons changed the title to Tokyo Marui AK47-S spare parts supplier?

As regards the sector gear plastic cover, ICS make a version. Difficult to find it stock. So recommend going the hipster route and getting one of Etsy. Something like this:

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/868455792/6sa-version-3-gearbox-shell-gear-cover?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=6s+version+3+gearbox+shell+gear+cover&ref=sr_gallery-1-1&edd=1&sts=1&referrer_page_guid=f7a3d0d54be.f4ae73a1e61c1e622b82.00&organic_search_click=1

As regards the button, recommend emailing someone like Fire support or eagle 6. Alternatively the HK sites might have something. Real sword used to make an upgraded steel replacement but are are defunct these days unfortunately. 

Edited by DerDer
mo info.

I had another quick test fire with this today, and I enjoyed shooting it.  The rate of fire is a bit uninspiring though, I'd rather like to boost it up a bit to 15 minimum, ideally 18 rps.
I could just stick in an 11.1v but I know from (brief) experience it'll turn into Ol' Sparky... so that'd need a cheapo MOSFET to tame it.  Any recommendations for a cheap and small one?
Would the stock internals take the extra workload successfully, or is it a silly idea to mess with it?  

19 hours ago, Dan Robinson said:

If you can give me a specific parts list, I can go to a couple of Tokyo pew shops (or send the boy) over Christmas. 

Cheers matey, but I've looked around, buggered if I can find the part number for the stock release button!   It kind of works as it is though, no great problem!

The gearbox cover thing I'll get off Etsy.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.