Two guns at different PSI on one tank

Convert

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Might be a rogue 3am idea but has anyone had any experience with hooking up two guns to one tank? Ideally I'd like to connect my rifle and pistol up at the same time. Is that lunacy?

Scare stuff about it online. 

It’s been done.

You use a two way split remote line

https://www.bzpaintball.co.uk/ninja-microbore-1-tank-2-remotes-with-slide-check

A two way remote line has more hose to get in the way and tangle up than a single remote line

You would be handling air at about 600 to 800psi, so it’s high pressure but not as scary as 3000 or 4500psi if there’s a line failure 

Treat air with respect and don’t make your own lines & fittings unless you are competent and confident with what you are doing 

These will technically work fine with two guns used seperately - it’s just a bit more length in the line which will take a bit more air to fill the line.

If you shoot one gun then it will refresh the line in the same time ready for the next shot 

But if you shoot two guns together then there is more line and more of a draw upon the air in that line to refresh. If that refresh takes too long for your guns in-line regulators then the guns will have difficulty and you need to slow down between shots 

The above assumes you fit the splitter to the cylinder 

If you have one regulated line for airsoft pressures and run the split after that then there will be more potential refresh problems for the guns as they are trying to refresh both from a lower pressure

Thank you for your response. Very helpful. 

12 hours ago, Tommikka said:

It’s been done.

You use a two way split remote line

https://www.bzpaintball.co.uk/ninja-microbore-1-tank-2-remotes-with-slide-check

A two way remote line has more hose to get in the way and tangle up than a single remote line

You would be handling air at about 600 to 800psi, so it’s high pressure but not as scary as 3000 or 4500psi if there’s a line failure 

Treat air with respect and don’t make your own lines & fittings unless you are competent and confident with what you are doing 

These will technically work fine with two guns used seperately - it’s just a bit more length in the line which will take a bit more air to fill the line.

If you shoot one gun then it will refresh the line in the same time ready for the next shot 

But if you shoot two guns together then there is more line and more of a draw upon the air in that line to refresh. If that refresh takes too long for your guns in-line regulators then the guns will have difficulty and you need to slow down between shots 

The above assumes you fit the splitter to the cylinder 

If you have one regulated line for airsoft pressures and run the split after that then there will be more potential refresh problems for the guns as they are trying to refresh both from a lower pressure

• 3 weeks later...

The running psi would  be set the same.Mine run at 60 and 80 respectively so I'd need to run at 60 to make sure I didn't run hot.Unless you could run in-line regulators for each.

Yeah I have two regulators attached to a dual remote line and it works great :) 

so it's Tank > Tank Reg > Dual Remote > Regulators on each, HPA Lines to guns

• 4 weeks later...
  • Supporters
On 12/12/2023 at 20:01, Convert said:

Yeah I have two regulators attached to a dual remote line and it works great :) 

so it's Tank > Tank Reg > Dual Remote > Regulators on each, HPA Lines to guns

Surely you could go tank > Manifold > Regs > Lines? Why would you need an additional regulator for the tank?

• Supporters
18 hours ago, Sewdhull said:

I think there's a single tank regulator, two line regs.

The tank regulator brings the pressure down to a level the line regs can operate at.

I get that, and I know there are products on the market that work that way but surely coming from the tank into a manifold and then two separate regulators must be cheaper than having three regulators? You're basically talking about a lump of metal with three holes in it!

Gun pressure regulators out putting up to say 140psi don't seem to exist if you want to have a bottle pressure over 1000psi, which is about 1/3 of the capacity of an alloy bottle for example.

I don't think they replace the tank reg either so it may be moot.

Edited by Sewdhull

The third regulator that has been referenced is the existing tank (cylinder) regulator.

You have:

Cylinder filled to 3000psi or 4500psi

Cylinders regulator default output in the region of 600psi to 850psi

A dual splitter should go in at this point

Then two seperate airsoft regulated lines feeding each RIF.

For @snuffthese would be at 60psi and 80psi to suit each RIF

If the player is using two RIFs with matching pressure then it could be cheaper to rearrange with only one airsoft regulated line before the splitter.

But this would need to be tested to ensure that regulating down to the operating pressure before splitting does not ‘starve’ either RIF during refresh when firing 

If you’re shooting only one RIF at a time then it shouldn’t matter, and if you’re shooting single shots or small bursts with a pause then it shouldn’t matter

If you are shooting on a sustained basis or shooting on a dual basis then both RIFs would be drawing upon the same air for regulated line (though drawing upon a larger capacity due to the added length of the split.

In this case you are relying on the refresh rate of the last regulator to sustain the operating pressure as quickly as required for the pair of RIFs

It will either operate without any issues or it will risk starvation when insufficient pressure has been restored for the next shot  

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.