M1.8x6mm screws for a mag release

Gryph

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey all,

The mag release screw on one of my AEGs has broken. I've taken it to a fastener shop and he's measured it for me so I know that I need an M1.8 screw with a length of 6mm, but I have no idea where I can get one from.

I can find them online but they're all self taping and I don't really want to bore into part of my mag release!

Anyone know where I can get one from? I've tried the usuals (amazon, ebay, etc...) and local model and fastener shops with no luck. I can find smaller and bigger but no M1.8s!

Cheers,

Gryph

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Gryph said:

Hey all,

The mag release screw on one of my AEGs has broken. I've taken it to a fastener shop and he's measured it for me so I know that I need an M1.8 screw with a length of 6mm, but I have no idea where I can get one from.

I can find them online but they're all self taping and I don't really want to bore into part of my mag release!

Anyone know where I can get one from? I've tried the usuals (amazon, ebay, etc...) and local model and fastener shops with no luck. I can find smaller and bigger but no M1.8s!

Cheers,

Gryph

Google is your friend.

https://www.accu.co.uk/cap-head-screws/3783-SSCF-M1-6-6-A2 (other heads/finishes are also available)

Another vote here for Accu, also if you're buying from them they do a pistol grip sized screw that has a hex head so that you won't strip it so I'd buy a few of those as well (I'll try and find the part number from when I bought a few).

Edit: The pistol grip screw is "Part No: SSBF-M3-6-A2-BL (M3 x 6mm Socket Flanged Button Screws (ISO 7380-2) - Black Stainless Steel (A2))"

Edited by Fatboy40

Unfortunately there aren't any M1.8s there.

I'm not entirely sure that the screw was measured correctly at the fasteners I took it to, so I'm going to go to another one on Monday and see what they say.

I've spoken to a mate who's told me that M1.8 isn't a standard measurement so I'm thinking something's gone wrong somewhere! 

Cheers though, Accu looks like a useful site to have for future reference! 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.