Coloured Shims

ak2m4

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I mentioned the spring thing to Luke a while ago but he did say something that does 20+ repetitions a second might trash whatever you put on it and it'll end up in the gears.

About the only thing I've colour coded is my mags using the resistor colour code. But then I'm old. 😂

I just measure mine when I get them to make sure they're good and put them in different pots. 

Although I did get a packet of rocket ones that were different colours and I'm assuming, materials.

3 hours ago, Egon_247 said:

Although I did get a packet of rocket ones that were different colours and I'm assuming, materials.

Yes SHS get around the issue by using copper for a certain size.  I've never had any issues with the copper shims in a gearbox so that's when I thought of using aluminium shims since they can be annodized pretty cheaply.  I have come across alum shims before but never used them.  Only real way to tell is get some made up and then run in a gearbox for a 500,000 pews

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.