A helmet that sits low?

ArranLH

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Need some advice. Contemplating protecting what little brain cells I have left with a lid. Can anyone recommend a decent one, Ideally I want one that sits low down the forehead, kinda where say your cap or beanie would sit if you wear one. I only mention that as I've had a cheap one in the past and when I wore it, it sat really high up... If that makes sense. 

• Supporters

All heads differ, so look for a type that you can alter the pad size if needed. 

Also I can't recommend enough the type with the dial type adjuster on the headband, so much easier & more comfortable than ratcheting up a chinstrap to get a comfortable but stable fit. 

• Supporters

Modern style military helmets are designed to be used with goggles. If you're using them with slim shooting glasses then you might find there's a gap. I like to fill it with a retro 1980s style sweatband which stops the sting and helps to stop your eyepro fogging up.

If you really want to protect your last brain cell and tooth, then any FAST / M88 lid plus a paintball style full fask mask like a Dye or Valken MI-7 should match up nicely and keep the bad-balls out.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.