jg g608 or the cyma cm011 options

Trishmoe

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

After deciding on the g36 platform I can't work out which one to choose between the jg g608 or the cyma cm011, they are extremely similar in price and spec as far as I can tell, just wondering if anyone with experience has any I put to help nail down one particular make

No experience of the JG, but my son has the Cyma and apart from losing a fire selector it's been rock solid.  Sounds a bit agricultural compared to more modern AEGs, but shoots as straight and as far as my more expensive Double Eagle.  He's dropped it a couple of times in falls and doesn't spare the trigger, never had an issue with it.

Cyma do a High Speed variant of the CM011 which comes with an upgraded gearbox and motor, if you can find one of those for a reasonable price that would get my vote.

• Supporters

Six of one, half a dozen of the other. They're both basic, robust, V3 gearboxed guns with medium quality plastic bodies, decent rotary hops, no frills, and no weak points.  The JG used to come with a spring pre-tensioner but they look to have dropped that now, so I don't think there's anything specific to recommend one over the other.  It's a decent platform and they'll both take upgrades well if you're that way inclined, so I'd just go with whichever one you can find in stock and in budget.

I find the cyma gearboxes tend to sound nicer and be a bit crisper than jg ones. Perhaps they are better shimmed. It it were me I'd lean towards the cyma. Saying that, I own a JG sl8 (thumbhole stock g36) and I'm really happy with it. As Roger says there isn't much in it really. 

1 hour ago, Daveoc33 said:

thumbhole stock g36

what's that?

Never mind... googled it.

Edited by gavinkempsell

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.