Need help separating upper and lower receivers on TM M4

FMairsoft33

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys, I have a very basic understanding of airsoft teching, so bear with me if I'm doing something stupid. I have recently bought a second hand Tokyo Marui M4 AEG, I'm not 100% certain but I am pretty sure it's a tokyo marui m4a1 carbine aeg. I am trying to remove the inner barrel but can't seem to get the upper and lower receivers to separate, I have removed both body pins and am pulling the charging handle as you usually would, and there is a little bit of movement, but they won't separate as they should. The gun has had a replacement stock and front handguard as seen in the picture, so not sure if that makes a difference. Any help would be massively appreciated, thanks!

m4.jpg

Is it a polymer body? It might be the older type with “rear ears” that the rear body pin goes through.

These you only need to remove the rear pin and carefully pivot the upper around the front pin. Search out the TM M733 AEG manual for instructions and pictures. 

• Supporters
2 hours ago, FMairsoft33 said:

Hi guys, I have a very basic understanding of airsoft teching, so bear with me if I'm doing something stupid. I have recently bought a second hand Tokyo Marui M4 AEG, I'm not 100% certain but I am pretty sure it's a tokyo marui m4a1 carbine aeg. I am trying to remove the inner barrel but can't seem to get the upper and lower receivers to separate, I have removed both body pins and am pulling the charging handle as you usually would, and there is a little bit of movement, but they won't separate as they should. The gun has had a replacement stock and front handguard as seen in the picture, so not sure if that makes a difference. Any help would be massively appreciated, thanks!

m4.jpg

Has someone changed the hop unit? The original is a two part unit that should come apart when you split the receiver. If it's the original receiver but an aftermarket, one piece hop unit then the hop unit itself may be getting stuck as the receiver has a different profile.

2 hours ago, SSPKali said:

Is it a polymer body? It might be the older type with “rear ears” that the rear body pin goes through.

These you only need to remove the rear pin and carefully pivot the upper around the front pin. Search out the TM M733 AEG manual for instructions and pictures. 

Yep this did the trick, thank you!

• Supporters
29 minutes ago, FMairsoft33 said:

Yep this did the trick, thank you!

BE CAREFUL with those tabs. If they snap you'll need a new receiver.

1 hour ago, Lozart said:

BE CAREFUL with those tabs. If they snap you'll need a new receiver.

And let's be honest, they almost certainly will snap at some point.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.