WE G19 Slide Problem - Pic Or Advice Request...

Spuggy1uk

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi,

I was given an old, cosmetically knackered WE Glock 19, so I ripped the guts out and put them in a new WE slide and frame from KYAirsoft.

The slide is hitting 'something' on the inside of the frame (or vice-versa!), and I cannot seem to id what it is.

I've attached a pic of the slide at the current maximum recoil point. For the pic, all the guts were taken out again to confirm it's not the barrel, hop, trigger group, etc. No out of ordinary signs of wear or striking on rails, etc.

Has anyone got a pic of the inside of an original WE built frame and slide, just so I can see if I need to chop or file something?

Cheers.

20230906_115306_resized.jpg

Hi,

It's at the point shown in the pic - that's as far back as the empty slide/frame will go.  As it's 5/10mm short (as guessed from the slide stop lever position), it's not feeding from the mag.

Very frustrating! I've looked inside where I can with a torch as I've slid the action back and forth, just can't see where it's hitting.

2 hours ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

You appear to be missing a barrel 🤔

Can you get pics of the inside of your slide and frame?

Yes, I stripped everything out to eliminate possibilities, then took the pic. Will add a pic inthe morning - off to work now.

1 hour ago, hitmanNo2 said:

Ah. I see. When you release the slide with barrel and recoil assembly fitted, it returns to battery fine? Just that the rearward travel is blocked?

Yes, all works fine and like you say,rearward travel is blocked.

Edited by Spuggy1uk

7 hours ago, theSwede said:

Is it a guarder frame?

No, it's a WE G19 replacement frame and slide from KYAirsoft. I just took the gubbins out of the old one and put them in here.

Shot of buying engineer marking blue, can I suggest you spray the slide(only the slide) and try to spot where it's contacting the pistol body when reassembled?

you might find the issue easily doing this.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.