PEQ box

Wegalaxy

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

IIRC a lot of PEQ boxes come with unregulated (power wise) visible (red/green) lasers that can possibly damage peoples eyes and some even come with IR lasers which are extremely dangerous as it's not visible to the naked eye and your body loses it's 'blink response'. Lasers are also banned at the majority of fields due to people being cunts with them (shining them into peoples eyes). Generally speaking, they really have no use in airsoft as far as i've seen.

I'd simply suggest just getting a dedicated weapon light.

If it's the aesthetics you're after, i'd suggest getting a battery peq box. It's the same shell, just with no internals.

If you're dead-set on getting a PEQ, a gun I bought comes with a generic Amazon PEQ which has a very visible red laser and a decently bright flashlight to boot but has nothing on my dedicated Olight branded weapon light which is like turning on the sun when playing at an indoor field. It's got the IR Laser/IR illuminator which you should absolutely never ever use. I never intend on using this thing and have removed the batteries.

While the label says the lasers are both 5MW power, I wouldn't trust it. 5MW is the strength where it takes approx 10 seconds to damage the eyes. Lasers above this strength can be almost instant and lasers below 5MW can still damage the eyes permenantly after prolonged exposure.

Edited by MrTea

1 hour ago, MrTea said:

IIRC a lot of PEQ boxes come with unregulated (power wise) visible (red/green) lasers that can possibly damage peoples eyes and some even come with IR lasers which are extremely dangerous as it's not visible to the naked eye and your body loses it's 'blink response'. Lasers are also banned at the majority of fields due to people being cunts with them (shining them into peoples eyes). Generally speaking, they really have no use in airsoft as far as i've seen.

I'd simply suggest just getting a dedicated weapon light.

If it's the aesthetics you're after, i'd suggest getting a battery peq box. It's the same shell, just with no internals.

If you're dead-set on getting a PEQ, a gun I bought comes with a generic Amazon PEQ which has a very visible red laser and a decently bright flashlight to boot but has nothing on my dedicated Olight branded weapon light which is like turning on the sun when playing at an indoor field. It's got the IR Laser/IR illuminator which you should absolutely never ever use. I never intend on using this thing and have removed the batteries.

While the label says the lasers are both 5MW power, I wouldn't trust it. 5MW is the strength where it takes approx 10 seconds to damage the eyes. Lasers above this strength can be almost instant and lasers below 5MW can still damage the eyes permenantly after prolonged exposure.

Pretty much this. Only laser product I have that I trust is my Vortex rangefinder (which says it's a class 1 laser and therefore safe and I believe that as a Vortex product), but that's also only used in very specific situations where I am very conscious what I'm shining it at. A lot of the danger of lasers in airsoft is that you may shine it in someone's eye as a reflex reaction to seeing them and shooting at them. Also, as @MrTea has already said, most lasers in airsoft products are totally unregulated and it's very possible that they are high strength and could easily blind someone.

Personally, I'd also look for a dedicated weapon light and get something with silly levels of lumens. Most people who run lights in airsoft expect them to blind (not literally like the lasers do!), but most lights don't have enough lumens and end up just being a nice target to shoot at. 

Edited by Impulse

Honestly never saw much point in lasers,  but I have this which has been fine as a torch and strobe. 

SBGJMY PEQ LA-5C UHP LED Airsoft Torch Case Box with White Lighting & Strobe QD Mount for 20mm Picatinny Rail System LA-5C Dummy Battery Case Box with Pressure Switch (Desert) https://amzn.eu/d/7Ml2MHY

Going to get a pair of these for the next acquisitions...

SBGJMY NGAL Lighting and Strobe Version Mini Airsoft Torch Hunting Flashlight 2 Mode Dummy Battery Case Box QD Mount for 20mm Picatinny Rail System (Black) https://amzn.eu/d/6T8UiZ0

not that I do much cqb , but fuck it.

Edited by Dan Robinson

The best

https://www.somogear.com/product/somogear-peq-15-ir-laser-illuminator-uhp-full-power/

The good but affordable

https://www.tangodown.co.uk/lasers/912-fma-peq15-la5-c-upgrade-version-with-ir-lenses-fde-7360542473674.html

Depends on budget, and what you want to do with it. 

Somogear has a budget option too, which eleminates the IR stuff and is just your standard VIS stuff.

I have three PEQ15 style boxes on my guns, and I've just bought an NGAL.Two have green lasers and two red.

Here's the thing though. I NEVER use the lasers. I did when I got my first PEQ, using it purely as a target designator "He's behind that tree!" but thinking about the risk to other players, I soon stopped. Not worth the risk to other players.

Now they're just for looks.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.