Spring rifle recommendations

Rickyd

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Firstly I’d like to introduce myself to the forum. I have been a fan of shooting all my life, and have participated in all types of shooting other than airsoft. I’m looking to buy a top end spring operated rifle. I have a 6.5 creedmoor accuracy international, and would like a airsoft to match, I have been looking at the AI mk13 mod 7, and the srs a1 22” both in FDE. 
Are there better options to look for? I want something reliable, very good build quality, and accurate. Price wise isn’t an issue, I’d rather have quality kit. 

It all depends on what you value.

At baseline, you should know that airsoft will never be anywhere near as accurate as RS shooting. The very top end of upgraded tuned spring snipers struggle to make accurate shots at 100-110 meters. For an OOTB rifle, you shouldn’t expect more than 80 meters even with the best ammo.

You should also know that spring snipers are not more accurate than any other class of airsoft weapon. They all shoot 6mm plastic balls (except for some very rare, odd, irrelevant models that shoot 8mm), and so the physics are the same between every airsoft gun.

Secondly, I would suggest you go over to airsoftsniperforum.com, make an account there, and ask the same question. They specialize in everything to do with long range, and someone on there has dealt with every model you’re considering.

Back to what you value—pure accuracy out of the box isn’t the only factor you should consider. I’m not an expert on spring snipers, but you should be on the lookout for parts compatibility with common models (IE, TM VSR), because if anything does break or wear out you want to be able to fix it, magazine compatibility (some models feature horrible mags).

And finally, since I’m running out of spring sniper information, remember that price tag does not mean quality in any way shape or form! The best all round “buy-and-don’t-touch” spring sniper (compatibility, quality, accuracy) is currently considered to be the Novritsch VSR, despite there being plenty of far more expensive options.

Good luck on the journey!

• Supporters

/thread, basically.  You're always going to be disappointed by the reality of slinging under half a gram of plastic at a couple of Joules, versus any other form of firearm, including pellet air rifles.

If you absolutely must do it, then I agree with the Novritsch SSG10, your suggestion of a Silverback SRS, or the Silverback TAC-41. I'm very happy with my TAC-41 out-of-the-box, it's almost (but not quite) like being in a YouTube sniper video.

There's no single best answer, as it entirely depends on the example that you receive - airsoft QC is all over the place, even with "high end" brands.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.