Maple leaf silicone rubber

theSwede

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

The VSR silicone rubbers (so... yes, the one you'd put in a TM glock) are amazing and I love them. Got autobot rubbers in everything that can take VSR rubbers, which is a lot as I have a lot of gas guns, with the exception of my m700s which seem to prefer modify rubbers.

The AEG silicone rubbers are utter trash. Slapped one in my m14 and it sent BBs all over the place; lost all consistency in its grouping. Sticking to regular macarons in my AEGs for now.

2 hours ago, Impulse said:

The AEG silicone rubbers are utter trash. Slapped one in my m14 and it sent BBs all over the place; lost all consistency in its grouping. Sticking to regular macarons in my AEGs for now.

Another downvote for them in AEG's, caused terrible miss-feeding issues in an AEG I tried one in (BB's literally backing up being the bucking's patch as it was to grippy).

Like you say though brilliant in gas guns, so I'm wondering what's different, maybe the very small amount of lubricant in the gas? (standard rubber bucking patch not grippy enough, silicone patch on its own too grippy, but a little bit of lubricant reduces the friction just enough).

3 hours ago, theSwede said:

What do you love about them?

In my setups I get good effective range with them. Can probably get better hop ups for maximum range, but my philosophy is that if you can't hit a man-sized target 9/10 times at a range, that range is useless, so I love the autobot rubbers for the consistency and grouping they give me at 50 - 60m in 1.1J builds and 75 - 80m in 2.3J builds.

Also, they work very well in the cold and they don't seem to dry out as much as regular hop rubbers. I took my TM AKM out after not using it for over a year (it has a ML 60 degree silicone MR hop rubber) as I finally got mags for it. Took it to the range and it shot just as well as it had before I put it away, though with regular hop rubbers I usually have to shoot a bunch of BBs through it, or worst case replace the hop rubber if I haven't used it for a long time.

2 hours ago, Fatboy40 said:

Another downvote for them in AEG's, caused terrible miss-feeding issues in an AEG I tried one in (BB's literally backing up being the bucking's patch as it was to grippy).

Like you say though brilliant in gas guns, so I'm wondering what's different, maybe the very small amount of lubricant in the gas? (standard rubber bucking patch not grippy enough, silicone patch on its own too grippy, but a little bit of lubricant reduces the friction just enough).

Yeah, I have no idea either. In theory, I thought it'd be great but they were just awful. I didn't get any feeding issues in mine, but I did get BBs going all over the place. Couldn't even hit a man-sized target 1/10 times at 45m, where the same build with a regular macaron could hit the 9/10 times on 60m before...

56 minutes ago, Impulse said:

In my setups I get good effective range with them. Can probably get better hop ups for maximum range, but my philosophy is that if you can't hit a man-sized target 9/10 times at a range, that range is useless, so I love the autobot rubbers for the consistency and grouping they give me at 50 - 60m in 1.1J builds and 75 - 80m in 2.3J builds.

Also, they work very well in the cold and they don't seem to dry out as much as regular hop rubbers. I took my TM AKM out after not using it for over a year (it has a ML 60 degree silicone MR hop rubber) as I finally got mags for it. Took it to the range and it shot just as well as it had before I put it away, though with regular hop rubbers I usually have to shoot a bunch of BBs through it, or worst case replace the hop rubber if I haven't used it for a long time.

Yeah, I have no idea either. In theory, I thought it'd be great but they were just awful. I didn't get any feeding issues in mine, but I did get BBs going all over the place. Couldn't even hit a man-sized target 1/10 times at 45m, where the same build with a regular macaron could hit the 9/10 times on 60m before...

Thanks for your input!

Appreciate it. Am gonna try one out in my upcoming G18C build. Exited to see heavy bbs its gonna lift

I tend to run .32s in my builds. Could do heavier if I really wanted to, but I feel that heavy BBs in pistols is a bit much.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.