1911 vs Hi Capa Slide Stop?

Piman

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I am awaiting a Nova 1911 kit to ship over from HK. In the meantime I have been trying to find the right accessories to match. In my search I have come across something that is confusing me as I was not sure there was a difference between slide stops.

However the Wii Tech website has two versions of each of their slide stops with the following statements:

1911 (T.Marui) CNC Steel Slide Stop Hi-Capa Light -  It fits T.Marui Hi-Capa gbb pistol only.

1911 (T.Marui) CNC Steel Slide Stop 1911 Light - It only fits T.Marui 1911 series GBB pistol that uses single stack magazine.  It does not fit Hi-Capa series GBB pistol

Nearly all other slide stops I have seen suggest they are suitable for both. I am confused. Can anyone enlighten me?

Thanks

James

1911 slide stops have an extended bit so that the magazine follower is engaged on empty. Hi capa slid stop doesn't so won't engage a 1911 mage follower on empty. the both how ever fit with no issue in the opposite gun.

Left is 1911                                                                                                                        Right is Hi-Capa

SlideLock.jpg.684da7e295dde31da873109d46845568.jpg

On 26/07/2023 at 19:33, BigStew said:

1911 slide stops have an extended bit so that the magazine follower is engaged on empty.

Edited by EDcase

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.